C63 AMG Intelligent LED beam pattern

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazzao

Car
W205 C63 Amg
Morning all!

This might be a weird and silly question but I have a c205 2017 C63 AMG with the LED intelligent light system the one that moves about as you drive, anyways one of my mates also has the exact same car and the other night I noticed his beam pattern was different from mine, you could say better as it covered a little further and I think mines might have a dark spot on the driver side, I could be wrong but I've attached a photo!

Cheers all!

Attachments

• 20220527_225600.JPG
    20220527_225600.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
headlight patterns on right hand drive cars ' look slightly left' to prevent dazzling oncoming traffic.... all RHD cars do this by law.

also cornering lights illuminate more the way you are steering ...

Thanks for the reply John and you are correct with regards to the law which I was aware of and my steering in the photo is dead center.

However, the pattern is not linear and the range of the beam seems to be dipped low, hoping for someone with the same car to perhaps show an example of their headlight beam at night!

Thank you tho!

However, the pattern is not linear and the range of the beam seems to be dipped low
The right-hand lamp does seem to be a bit low. Only way to be certain is to put it on a beam tester.

Might be worth getting a photo with no cars in the foreground to get an accurate assessment. 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks a lot all! The blocked cars did not affects the pattern or intensity of the beam as I did drive forward in another few pictures with no difference noted.

However I'll get a better photo on a clear road!

Thanks

Reactions: Ted
Its hard to tell from photos what is normal with these lights, purely because they are continuously adapting to the light levels entering the camera. I've never really looked long and hard at mine as they're always dancing around all over the place and doing their thing.

If your photo shows them in normal (i.e none auto high beam) mode then, as others have said, the right beam does look a little 'low'. But there could be a number of reasons for that, uneven road surface, failed/failing LED, failed/failing motor, dirty lens (longshot) or a failed/failing whole LED unit. Could also be something wrong with the camera too - again, hard to tell exactly without doing some more 'scientific' tests if you see what I mean....

Thanks for the in depth response! I'll probably take it in to mercedes for a check but really want to avoid £120+ just for a diagnosis! I know there is two screw to alter the height and the other one to alter right to left, might just use my garage door if it is as simple as that 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom