C63 amg mod advice, exhaust, mapping ect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leglessracing

Car
M3 and c63 estate
Hi guys,
Just got a c63 estate and looking to do some mods
Is it worth upgrading the exhaust system and air filters?
What mapping software is the best to use?
Any other mods to look at?

Any advice would be great :)

Eurocharged map at MSL
Exhaust I would just decat or if you wanna spend £££ get an IPE system. Headers open it up more should see 550bhp+ with EC map and headers.

Definitely get a Quaife LSD put on

Then enjoy

Then get bored and buy a supercharger :)

Thanks Stuart! Would you say the Akro on eBay be a good buy?
I've seen some good things about the msl guys!

I won't be getting too bored because I have the track car ;-)

Thanks Stuart! Would you say the Akro on eBay be a good buy?
I've seen some good things about the msl guys!

I won't be getting too bored because I have the track car ;-)

Well I thought it was but it's a coupe one. It needs tips. I've heard the Akra doesn't really sound that great. Personally if I was to change exhaust it would be an IPE.

IPE everyday :thumb:

Eurocharged re-map, quaife LSD and cat back IPE exhaust should get you started nicely and running around 520-530 bhp

Then think of long tube headers should see a nice 550 bhp

Then next logical step is sticking the Weistec Supercharger on which will have you up at about 700bhp ( but then some suspension mods required to help handle the power)

Last edited:
Ok cool. I will steer away from the Akro then!
Time to start saving up for a ipe and a eurocharged remap then ;-)

I bought mine without a proper test drive ,as it had slicks on the rear and was pouring down on the test drive. But I always wanted one and loved the noise . When I purchased it and sorted everything out , I was quite disappointed in its performance and found it rather slow .
I end up going to a meet one Sunday ,shortly afterwards, and after a chat with Acid from MSL a deal was struck , I left the car there and hitched a lift back .

I had it tuned and an IPE fitted . After collection ,I was grining like a Cheshire Cat and still am . It has transformed the car to what it should be .

If you can afford it , IPE and a tune is the way forward ,as has Ben stated !

Leglessracing said:
Hi guys, Just got a c63 estate and looking to do some mods Is it worth upgrading the exhaust system and air filters? What mapping software is the best to use? Any other mods to look at? Any advice would be great :)

I have an Fi cat back system on mine, it's a little loud for town with the valves open but OK with them closed.

I've also got a Eurocharged map, BMC free flow filters and a Quaife fitted too, mine's at 525 BHP at the moment. As Lee says, you'll need long tube headers to get much more than that.

i have headers and 2x200 cell sportscats and fi exhaust and with valves open slow speeds ideal
plant the right foot and its like a wounded animal its awesome

paul, how do you find the quaiffe? would you highly recommend it? where did you get yours dynoed?

tonyg1987 said:
paul, how do you find the quaiffe? would you highly recommend it? where did you get yours dynoed?

Tony, the Quaife is a must for me, makes it feel well planted on the road, when the traction light flashes now, the car still goes in a straight line, much more predictable.

I had mine remapped and had it on the dyno at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen. I've recently gone back to my standard exhaust, with gutted secondaries, as the Fi was supplied without cats, not with the 200 cell cats I had ordered.

It's louder now than it was with valves closed but nowhere near how loud it was with the valves open.

saving up to get quaife next, i was speaking to matty not long ago when i had the secondaries gutted and resonator delere, he mentioned you and your car. funnily enough hes bought himself a white c63 too. once I upload my v5 map this week ill get it booked for a dyno and wheel balancing to sort out the vibrations when over 70mph. I bet it sounds insane with the FI on.

tonyg1987 said:
saving up to get quaife next, i was speaking to matty not long ago when i had the secondaries gutted and resonator delere, he mentioned you and your car. funnily enough hes bought himself a white c63 too. once I upload my v5 map this week ill get it booked for a dyno and wheel balancing to sort out the vibrations when over 70mph. I bet it sounds insane with the FI on.

The Fi was insanely loud with valves open.

Matty told me he'd got rid of his Evo and bought a C63 last time I was there - about a month or so.

He was going to speak to Quaife about a good price for a diff, could be worth getting in touch with him to see if he managed to get any discount, which could be better with buying 2 diffs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom