C63 AMG on Ebay.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably a mistake but let's do 10 pages slating it.

To be fair it does read as a mistake. They've obviously just copied and pasted the latest C63 blurb.

There's no requirement for car salesmen to also be mechanics or car experts. They need to know how much they paid for it, how much they want for it, when it was last serviced, which options it had ticked, it's general condition, etc, not how many turbos it does or doesn't have.

There's no requirement for car salesmen to also be mechanics or car experts. They need to know how much they paid for it, how much they want for it, when it was last serviced, which options it had ticked, it's general condition, etc, not how many turbos it does or doesn't have.

no i would say they do, the average man on the street wouldn't know and would expect the person trying to sell you the car know all about it.

^ +1.It's a lazy copy and paste.
If you look in the box above the garage address it does say 457bhp 6.2lt.

You'd think the garage would show a little more professionalism by having the correct details in the ad, but it doesn't make the car a bad one by any means.

I'm with the OP.

I'd expect a seller to know what they are selling - it's the most basic level of (in)competence to me.

We're not talking bangernomics here :crazy:.

Exactly..... It's not like it's 3k runner.

Most everyday drivers don't have a clue about the mechanics of the car they're driving, my buddy drives a BMW Diesel, that's as much as he knows, then he remember Oh I think it's 2ltrs...... LOL.

If I go to buy a laptop from curry's, I expect the salesman to tell me it's capabilities and how it compares to other models. I would be well peed off if he told me it was a twin turbo and it turned out to be normally aspirated (In fact I'd probably be pleased....LOL).

But on a serious note, I'd expect the seller (Especially a Garage) to give me accurate information.

To be fair if you are looking for one of these you should know what you are looking for HOWEVER the blatant copy and paste is inexcusable.

6.3, 6208cc or 4.0 TT ?? :doh:

Maybe it all got lost in the translation from Welsh to English??

If are going to buy a sub 30k car you should have a pretty good understanding of the car your buying and not just take the dealers word

It'll be changed soon...I advised him and he blamed his partner.

A salesman at one particular dealer kept convincing me the new c63 was a 5.5 litre twin turbo he was so adamant I had to google to make sure it was a 4 litre when I left the showroom lol

Surprised so few agree with me. It's an expensive purchase. It's up to the potential driver to know what he's buying. Also a C63 AMG isn't something any "average man on the street" is going to walk in and buy without previously knowing about them and doing his research.

In the case of an old lady who's buying a Yaris from the salesman, my comment still applies, she's not interested how many cylinders it has. He needs to be able to tell her it's got heated seats for the winter, that it should do 50mpg and she can put her frank sinatra CD in it.

Yee haa, up to 2 pages already!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom