C63 AMG Optional Extras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrLOL

Car
Volvo T5
I'm looking at adverts for the C63 AMG and trying to work out what's standard and whats optional.

Take this for example :

2009 MERCEDES-BENZ C63 AMG 6208 cc

Listed in the spec is :

Electric Windows,Central Door Locking,Airbag,Alarm,Immobiliser,Power Steering,Heated Seats,ABS,Climate Control,Parktronic,AMG Body Kit,Driver and passenger memory seats,Aluminium trim,Split Folding Rear Seat,Headlamp Wash,Folding Mirrors,Adaptive front lighting system,Driver knee airbag,Bi-Xenon Headlights,Fog Lights,Linguatronic,Telephone Pre Wiring,Rain Sensitive Wipers,Automatic Dimming Mirror,Sport Suspension,Glass Roof,Heated Washer Jets,Speedtronic Cruise Control,Space Saver Spare Wheel,Interior Motion Sensor,Automatic Child Seat Recognition,Tyre Pressure Loss Warning System,Driver Memory Seat,COMAND with HDD navigation, integrated disc changer and 4GB music register,Navigation 50 with Media Interface. 7G-Tronic automatic with tipfunction, United Kingdom Steering, Twin cup holder, Wheel-arch widening for AMG wheels, 09 Reg. £41,990

Electric windows, Central Locking, Airbag etc. are all standard :roll eyes:

What i think is probably optional:

Memory Seats
Adaptive Front Lighting System
Linguatronic
Glass Roof
Command
Telephone Pre Wiring
Media Interface

anybody confirm or deny whats optional in that list ? Rest will obviously be standard. Particularly looking at the Media Interface for my iPod.

I'm looking at Niche Automotive to buy this car on a PCP as the deal looks fantastic.

Realize this is my first post - but would like to know if anyone has had any dealings with them? About to order and your help will be appreciated.

Www.niche automotive.com

Thanks

Jerry

I have nothing to add on the specifics of the options list on a C63 but doesn't it just annoy the bejeezuz out of you when dealers list all the standard stuff? I don't know why they don't just go the whole hog and say:

C63, fully loaded: 4 seats! Steering wheel!! Engine - complete with factory fitted bonnet!!!!! *

* (Dealer's window stickers, forecourt and sky shown in picture are NOT included in sale price).

I have nothing to add on the specifics of the options list on a C63 but doesn't it just annoy the bejeezuz out of you when dealers list all the standard stuff? I don't know why they don't just go the whole hog and say:

C63, fully loaded: 4 seats! Steering wheel!! Engine - complete with factory fitted bonnet!!!!! *

* (Dealer's window stickers, forecourt and sky shown in picture are NOT included in sale price).

Yes :doh:

Listing stuff like ABS in the spec list does my head in !

Memory seats are standard, as is the sunroof.

Never realised ! Thanks for your post.

Anybody know if the media interface comes with COMMAND or if its a separate extra ?

best way is go to the parkers guide as it has a FULL list of options available and which options per year. then get the chassis number of the car, either check it from a dealer or russian site, and compare the two!

This is what i did when i bought mine, 99% of adverts say ALL OPTIONS but I hardly found one that did.

In the end i got mine from the dealer which did have ALL the options and some extras.

good luck!

Right, I just read the lot, to me the only extras are:

COMAND which includes media interface and linguatronic (but why does it also say Nav 50?)
Adaptive lights
Twin cup holder
Phone prep

Everything else is standard UK spec.

best way is go to the parkers guide as it has a FULL list of options available and which options per year. then get the chassis number of the car, either check it from a dealer or russian site, and compare the two!

This is what i did when i bought mine, 99% of adverts say ALL OPTIONS but I hardly found one that did.

In the end i got mine from the dealer which did have ALL the options and some extras.

good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion

Just found this

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Detail.aspx?deriv=39376#amount=53595&years=3

Which explains that the Media interface was optional until Jun 2009, then part of the command package after that. Very useful !

Was Jun 2009 when they changed the wing mirrors over to the new design also ?

Last edited:
you posted as i was finding the link , yep, its an excellent site!

sorry about the ninja edit !

Went off and searched for it after i first posted :)

Ordered from Niche Automotive:

1) Rear Camera
2) Heated Front Screen
3) Limited Slip Diff

That's it. Great deal and very excited about it.

Do you work for Niche? All three of your posts on this site mention them.....

I wasn't even aware that a heated front screen was an option.

He does come across as a bot advertising their site :/ I'd be surprised if it even reacted to our posts.

Guys not at all - wanted info on them as mentioned.

Taken a chance and looking forward to my Rumbling Silver Arrow.

This is me www.jerryflint.co.uk as you can see I don't work for them.

Cheers LOL, and didn't mean to steel your thread.

What options have you decided on - tempted with the AMG Performance Pack then thought 450 bhp should do?

I'm buying 2nd hand.

Didn't the PP on 08 and 09 not add any extra hp ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom