C63 AMG Owner Soon :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu-c

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi All
I am 25 Years old from Milton Keynes, in the UK I am looking into getting a C63 AMG prob around a 2009 - 2010 plate possibly in White with the carbon pack
with Multi Spoke wheels is there anything I should look out for before I purchase one.

I am going through a Merc dealer so I know it should be all okay but just wanted to see if there is really anything to look out for?

Some people have said to try to get one with the following options:
LSD
Performance Package

Navigation Package
Keyless go package.

Sorry I am new to the Merc scene so just need to build up my knowledge etc.

I would have thought an AMG came with navigation as standard?

Also with regards to the performance package doesn't the performance package include ceramic brakes? I have been told these are very very costly when these need replacing?

Thanks For Your Help

hello

No idea on C63's but there are a lot of owners on the forum (I think you get them with Kellogs vouchers these days)

Someone should be along to help.

I notice your current car an S2000Gt? with a turbo :) :) that's interesting have you had that done.

Post some pics when you get it.

Welcome to forums, there are plenty of C63 owners on here who I've no doubt will be able to help. When I briefly looked into getting one (before the facelift model was released) I was told to aim for the Performance Pack Plus models but then there were certain iterations where you got so many items with the spec but then changed to some items being options for newer model years?

In the end I didn't bother but wouldn't mind a new Coupe though!

Quick search finds this topic you might want to have a quick read through...

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/110827-buying-c63-amg-one.html

Welcome to the forum. Ensure the wheels aren't refurbished. You will have a blast, enjoy!

25 Year old, hmm

Dare I ask how much the insurance is please?

Great car though.

Posts like these really do my head in :wallbash:, wtf has it got to do with you?
If you don't have anything constructive to add then don't bother posting.

OP try and source a car that has the Performance Pack & LSD.
Good luck with your search.:thumb:

Buy c63 amg don't bother just watched fifth gear lateist amg c coupe got thrashed buy a Audi rs5 on a track Was even close !!!

Does mummy know you are up this late ?

Hi All
thanks for all the replies :)

25 Year old, hmm

Dare I ask how much the insurance is please?

Great car though.

lets just say the price is actually less than my S2000 :)

hello

No idea on C63's but there are a lot of owners on the forum (I think you get them with Kellogs vouchers these days)

Someone should be along to help.

I notice your current car an S2000Gt? with a turbo :) :) that's interesting have you had that done.

Post some pics when you get it.

yea the S2000 was standard when I had her shes currently running around 600bhp now but just bored and fancy a change here some piccys of her :)

S2000 pictures by stuc1986 - Photobucket

shes been featured in a few magazines now and also on a TV documentry for car tuning :)

Posts like these really do my head in :wallbash:, wtf has it got to do with you?

doesnt the performance packages come with ceramic brakes if so surely they aint cheap :)

Last edited:
Hi Stu

Welcome on board , that S2000 is absolutely stunning !!! :thumb: bet it's an animal with 600bhp though ?

Hope it's not rude to ask how much it is up for sale for ?

Buy c63 amg don't bother just watched fifth gear lateist amg c coupe got thrashed buy a Audi rs5 on a track Was even close !!!

What !!!!:doh: were you watching the same 5th Gear as me......the C63 crossed the line 1.4 seconds slower around a wet track that the RS5...Hardly what I would call getting thrashed. Especially as the C63 only has power through the rear wheels and doesn't benefit from 4WD like the Audi..

The C63 is the most entertaining car I've owned. Can be a civilised saloon or a crazy powerful drift car. Depends on what you want from it. The Audi doesnt do that....

OP....PPP+ and Drivers Pack along with COMAND. Depending on the age of the vehicle make sure its had the LSD box ticked...

Hi Stu

Welcome on board , that S2000 is absolutely stunning !!! :thumb: bet it's an animal with 600bhp though ?

Hope it's not rude to ask how much it is up for sale for ?

Thank you,
yeah spent a lot of time and money on her but I just fancy something a bit different now heres the add.

Piston heads - HONDA S2000 GT Turbo For Sale - Massive Spec!

believe it or not I have someone offer me £12,500 from someone in France who is coming over on the 20th of this month to have a look at her so hope this go well

What !!!!:doh: were you watching the same 5th Gear as me......the C63 crossed the line 1.4 seconds slower around a wet track that the RS5...Hardly what I would call getting thrashed. Especially as the C63 only has power through the rear wheels and doesn't benefit from 4WD like the Audi..

The C63 is the most entertaining car I've owned. Can be a civilised saloon or a crazy powerful drift car. Depends on what you want from it. The Audi doesnt do that....

OP....PPP+ and Drivers Pack along with COMAND. Depending on the age of the vehicle make sure its had the LSD box ticked...

1.4 seconds on a track is a lifetime . Fact is amg have be found out again this time by a Audi

I have seen this young driver /high performance combo before on many forums - that still doesn't explain the bewildering mystery of how the "uninisureable" can become insureable - therefore it is a perfectly legitimate and natural question to ask - so i don't understand your umbrage and aggression.

He was asking a genuine question how much the insurance would be for a 25 year old.

And if YOU don't have anything constructive to post, keep your petty opinions to yourself.

Edit; apologies for forgetting to welcome the new member.

Welcome to the forum Stu.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was asking a genuine question how much the insurance would be for a 25 year old.

And if YOU don't have anything constructive to post, keep your petty opinions to yourself.

Read all of my post before you decide to quote parts of it.

It may well be a genuine question but the fact is it's none of his business what the OP pays for his insurance.

If you really want to know what it cost for a 25 year old to insure a C63 AMG then go onto the comparison sites and find out for yourself. :doh:
Not only are you nosy but lazy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom