C63 AMG Panamericana Grille fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wondering what you guys did with your original grilles? Stick in the loft forever or list on The Bay of Dreams?
Looks great! Big improvement. My old grille is giving spiders a new home at the back of my shed. Will probably get round to tipping it in about 2028.

That grille is a big improvement on most new generation MB's, good choice.

Do you have any plans for the boot belt line, is it still chrome here?

1603636685071.png

That grille is a big improvement on most new generation MB's, good choice.

Do you have any plans for the boot belt line, is it still chrome here?

View attachment 103965
Yeah. I’m delighted with the Grille and exhaust trims. Going to remove the C300h badging as close up it’s quite grimey between them.

Yes, tailgate Beltline is still chrome. The chrome door handle caps are definitely going to be body colour. I’m thinking it’d be less of a gamble for tailgate trim to match as opposed to going black.

Still, most likely to be a Christmas project so I’ve got time to ponder a while longer. 😊

I am interested in this grill however my C63 is satin black, and ive got carbon bits around the car so I will be getting the grill carbon dipped before it goes on... i will update with pics once installed

I spent a couple of days browsing through the forums, and it became clear that the quality of these items vary alot. I was advised to pay that little bit extra to purchase the ones advertised by "Bentley Grills" they advertise on ebay, i'll post a link below.

Make sure you check that it's the one that fits the "AMG C63", as this is slightly different from the onces they advertise for other C Class models, and check that it's in the material you want, I chose the chrome & black, but they do sell all black and carbon etc.

I used all of the various you tube videos on how to fit them, all helped a little in various areas, give yourself plenty of time to do it, as it takes longer than you think and if you rush it, then things will go wrong. Take the time to protect areas such as the front wings and bumper ends from knocks and scrapes. I used an old blanket to stand the bumper on once removed to save getting any scratches on it from the garage floor.

And you use the "Mercedes Star" from your original grille. I was amazed how easy this bit comes off the grille. A spot of super glue is worth using when you put it on your new grille, or it'll go missing once the local hoodlums see how easy it is to remove.

Good Luck

The link you provided no longer works?

I fitted one to mine recently. Complete pain in the ass to do, and I wouldn’t attempt it unless you have access to a pit or a ramp. Worth it in the end though.23023CF7-B005-44DE-8348-63D4B85CB19A.jpeg4268C23C-F2B8-4B7F-98AC-99B13AD37991.jpeg

I'm thinking about getting one of these grilles for my SL. I'm assuming that the insurance company needs to be advised of this "modification"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom