C63 AMG Panamericana Grille fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimGreen

Car
2012 Audi R8 V10 + 2017 Mini Cooper (John Cooper Works) + 2015 Honda Fireblade
What a pain in the butt that was to change something as simple as a grille šŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

I followed some YouTube video instructions and took my time not to damage anything and protected various parts of the bumper and front wings, but it still took me most of the day, as I cleaned everything as I did the swap, front under tray removed eventually, along with the metal sump tray, which I thought I may as well clean everything that was revealed, not too much dirt as she only has 4K miles from new.

to cut a long story short itā€™s a pain to do, but worth it in the end. Love the looks, more aggressive and fitted perfectly. Worth taking the additional time to protect vulnerable sections of the bumper and front wings, and take your time for a perfect finish.

AD5F5058-E895-4E5F-9488-88AA84A5DDF7.jpegE4B37E9C-02F1-43F5-A3A0-56393BA90744.jpeg

Nice work.
Have you got radar on your car?
Have any issues connecting that all up to the new grille?

Yes I have, all working perfectly.

looks good. you profile says the car is 2014 but the number plate says 2018. ;)

LOL ...... 2013 thatā€™s my old c63, I need to update it lol

Non at all, I just disconnected the multi plug and re connected prior to making final adjustments.

When you say ā€œRadarā€ are you referring to the proximity sensor, that activates a red car on your dash display, when your driving too close to the car in front for a given speed .... ???

Looks great! :cool: :)šŸ‘

Awesome šŸ˜Ž

I really like these, they seem to give the front end *more* definition.

Great mod.

When you say ā€œRadarā€ are you referring to the proximity sensor, that activates a red car on your dash display, when your driving too close to the car in front for a given speed .... ???

Yes mate.
I have a 2019 c class and was toying with the idea of changing out the grille for the pana one.
But I was warned that itā€™s not that easy, especially with the radar equipment behind it.
So I didnā€™t bother. For a daily driver, I didnā€™t want headaches.

You hate Headaches Rash :)

The red car warning on the dash is the collision assist warning, that comes from the sensor behind the rear view mirror at the top of the top of the windscreen. The radar sensor in the front grille is for the distronic cruise control.

Looks fab

Thanks for clarification Unimog, in that case I donā€™t believe mine has distronic, to remove the front bumper I had to separate one multi-plug connector and the outside temperature sender.

I had the car sat on axle stands, giving me about 18ā€ of working height under the car, but itā€™s still a pain to do.

New pic of car with new grill, and now on my private registration.

119192571_966669350481792_8797703247716482021_n.jpg

And a good comparison against the original grille

119180689_1121767691553902_4121119410137539912_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for clarification Unimog, in that case I donā€™t believe mine has distronic, to remove the front bumper I had to separate one multi-plug connector and the outside temperature sender.

I had the car sat on axle stands, giving me about 18ā€ of working height under the car, but itā€™s still a pain to do.

New pic of car with new grill, and now on my private registration.

View attachment 102086

And a good comparison against the original grille

View attachment 102087
Looks great!
The Panamerica grill looks SO much better.
:cool: :)šŸ‘

Jim I love this. I think I'm going to give it a go. There a few different YouTube how to videos - did you find one more useful than the others? And secondly, how important/crucial would you say it is to jack the car onto axle stands? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom