C63 AMG PPP: First Year Report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rjmghome

Car
C63 AMG
In twelve months my car has done 6,313 miles at 19.1mpg. It has cost:
Description
Cost £s
Insurance
Road Tax
B service
Petrol
Oil
Total

Things I like most: The engine is a monster. You can pootle about minding your own business, or you can be in a car so fast that it takes your breath away. There is nothing more comical than pottering along at 5mph and then just flooring it. All hell breaks loose as tyres try to grip, traction control protests and passengers invariably swear.

It’s not too big and it is easy to drive in any mode you want to.

Things I like least: The gadgetry that is bloody irritating with stupid health and safety reminders all the time. Of course it uses too much petrol, but that is like saying Bradley Wiggins cycles too much: It’s just what it does and what it has to do. The suspension is set too firm for my liking and that results in the car shaking itself to pieces. It rattles in the dash board. It rattles in the passenger door. It rattles in the sun roof and, having had it serviced, it now rattles in the roof mounted panel. It is as if the little earthquake that it represents each time it starts is shaking the car to bits. It’s going in for three days in January to get them solved, we’ll see.

The other thing I'd change is the single control stick on the left. I drive three cars and it'd be helpful if the indicators and lights were on different sides from the window washers. I keep flashing at people when I want to clean the windows (not in the "Confessions of a Window Cleaner" sense you understand)

Conclusions: Overall I am reasonably happy with it.The learning curve was a bit steep, but now we understand each other we get along OK. Much as my Ferrari 550 was the last big Ferrari I lusted after, this feels like the end of a long road littered with high performance estates. Do I want a 507 BHP version or a chipped car with more power than that? No. That'd just be silly. The cost of the extra 20 BHP would be better spent on learning to drive a bit better, or on some Worthers Originals and some comfy slippers. I am too old for all that nonsense. Probably.

Cars: We All Fall in Love With Our Models: C63 AMG PPP: First Year Report

Last edited:
you're never to old to drive the C63PPP!!!! :) I've got one & its having various mods fitted after the new year, I've entered the Modball for next year & I'm in my late 50's! I love the beast! :) so keep your comfy slippers & worthers originals!!!

I had the rattle in the sunroof cover on mine just after I got it. Merc replaced it under warranty, took a day.

I also have the " AMG Performance Suspension" option on top of mine and think it is just right.

Just for info and not wanting to steal the thread, I just paid for a full years insurance fully comp, protected NBC, excess of £310 to include voluntary amount, £100k of personal accident for ............

....... £422 !!

£800 odd seems a lot :dk:

Just for info and not wanting to steal the thread, I just paid for a full years insurance fully comp, protected NBC, excess of £310 to include voluntary amount, £100k of personal accident for ............

....... £422 !!

£800 odd seems a lot :dk:

Possibilities: No Claims. I had an accident in the Audi S4 it replaced, my other half completely wrote off her Porsche 911, and one of my other cars destroyed its own nose on a high kerb, all in the space of a couple of years.

Where do you live? I am in S.East England.

What do you do for a living?

Our, more to the point, who insures you? Mine is with More Than.

Comparing insurance quotes is a bit pointless really as there are s o many variables that weight the premium....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom