C63 AMG Rattles, Buzzes and Irritates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rjmghome

Car
C63 AMG
Rattling. It started with a small high pitched buzz. With much Clouseau like investigation, we tracked it down to the plastic screen surround on the Sat Nav. If you put your hand on the dash board there, it stops.

Then we started to get an intermittent rattle that sounds like a conker has been left in the glove box. Having checked for conkers, or other dried fruits, there were none. It is on the passenger side, so I couldn't locate it. Daughter and other half showed no particular interest in crawling around listening to various parts of the car as I drove around, so it remains a mystery. Let’s call it the sound that drives me nuts, to make a very poor conker pun.

Then the sun roof started to crack loudly when going over speed-bumps and other undulations. It sounds like a pistol shot and in consequence it interrupted the Archers and totally ruined Jack Wooley’s Funeral. For one moment I imagined that Edward Grundy had shot another dog, or maybe even his hated brother. But, no: I was the sunroof on a Mercedes. I wouldn't mind, but I never even open the damned thing, so it can’t be wear and tear.

The car had managed to vibrate itself to the point that it buzzes, rattles and periodically takes pot shots at radio characters. I mentioned this when it went for a service.

Anyway, they couldn't sort it there and then, so it came back from the service with a note to go back after Christmas.

As soon as I picked it up, it started to rumble from the control panel above the rear view mirror. So, not only had they not fixed the buzz, the rattle or the gunshot, they had actually managed to add another unwanted sound to the car. Clearly they had removed the control panel to look at the sun roof and not screwed it back properly.

It's in to be fixed. Here's hoping...

Cars: We All Fall in Love With Our Models: A C63 AMG Tries to Sing

There's a mega thread on here about a guy whose C63 dash rattle drove him (no pun intended) to stick pins in his eyes (almost).

A search might find it.

What year is your car Rjm? I'm curious to know if problems still persist on latest spec saloon,coupes & estates ??

My coupe is 2013 car and the rear parcel shelf rattles terrible, the dash rattles and squeaks below the stereo and after less than a year the leather on my drivers seat is looking decidely worn. Both on the side bolster and on the seat base. Oh and the seat squeaks as well.

When it goes in for a service next month I will get them to look at the problems. The rear parcel shelf is well known apperently.

I hope my new car will be a bit better. I hate all these rattles and I will be listening to trace it to the source. And without passengers it could be difficult.

My Scirocco was rattling a bit and it was never fixed properly. Sunroof was one of the culprits.

My coupe was new in September - started buzzing/tweeting whatever after 2 days around the stereo - that went in and was solved, along with the rear parcel shelf banging away.

Currently it rattles or creaks around the dashpod - when the car is cold - I will take it back in the spring/summer to get it looked at - its definitely worse when the weather is cold - we had some frost last week (I'm in Surrey) and the sunroof was going crazy.

it isn't annoying me that much yet though. I just turn the stereo up but its pretty poor for a new car.

Dunc

My coupe is 2013 car and the rear parcel shelf rattles terrible, the dash rattles and squeaks below the stereo and after less than a year the leather on my drivers seat is looking decidely worn. Both on the side bolster and on the seat base. Oh and the seat squeaks as well.

When it goes in for a service next month I will get them to look at the problems. The rear parcel shelf is well known apperently.

Ive already emailed my dealer sales manager a couple of days ago regarding drivers seat crease appearing on side bolster seat base . I'm dead careful getting in & out the car & I ain't got a fat **** so I've put my argument across .. See what outcome returns ?!

I've had my car in twice for rattling in the dash, first of all it was the gloss trim which was solved then it was the radio/CD player surround and I can now hear more rattling I don't think I will ever get it to stop :(

I really feel for you guys, especially if you purchased new ! A friend of mine has this as well , almost as bad as the wives JCW mini !

Press the throttle harder with the window open and listen to the glorious V8............

RR

Ive already emailed my dealer sales manager a couple of days ago regarding drivers seat crease appearing on side bolster seat base . I'm dead careful getting in & out the car & I ain't got a fat **** so I've put my argument across .. See what outcome returns ?!

I'm 6'2" and just under 20 stone but I spent way too much time in the gym. So I guess I am not your typical Merc driver but I thought they were designed for fat business men.

The base of mine is not creased but the leather colour is worn off. Not happy.

Forgot to mention also the top of the door trim has a dent where I rest my arm... Not a problem on my E class convertible even after 2 years and a lot more miles.

Like you I will see what they say.

J.

Mine has rattled since almost the first day - I am the only owner (2012 estate). I've put up with it for nearly two years but the appearance of an annoying 'noise' - its not a rattle - from the drivers door prompted me to take it in. The tech who came out for a drive with me to log the position of the noises actually said it was the worst he has heard.
Going in for two days to sort it out unless its sold first!

MarriedBlonde said:
I'm 6'2" and just under 20 stone but I spent way too much time in the gym. So I guess I am not your typical Merc driver but I thought they were designed for fat business men. The base of mine is not creased but the leather colour is worn off. Not happy. Forgot to mention also the top of the door trim has a dent where I rest my arm... Not a problem on my E class convertible even after 2 years and a lot more miles. Like you I will see what they say. J.

Not called Arnold are you?

My c63 has been Into the dealers today for the dash squeaks and other problems, they have fitted some pads to the dash, anyway it has worked! No more annoying squeaks!

May be worth a shout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom