C63 AMG - Revision History ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrLOL

Car
Volvo T5
Hi guys

I've been looking at C63 AMG adverts and i'm getting confused with what is standard spec and what is optional. I'm specificly looking at the C63 estate, some of which quote an electric tail gate, others don't so i'm not sure if that was an option as well. The mercedes benz website isn't much help either with second hand examples. Some of them quote ABS as an fitted option when viewing the spec on there !

Also, were there any cosmetic exterior changes ? not sure if the LED tail lights were present at launch ?

Hi, If you take a look at the MB UK website it tells you on there the standard options vs the optional extras.

I believe the electric tailgate is standard and so is ABS.

Hi, If you take a look at the MB UK website it tells you on there the standard options vs the optional extras.

I believe the electric tailgate is standard and so is ABS.

have those options been the same as at launch, or have they changed along the way ?

ABS has been standard on ALL MB cars for quite some years.

ABS has been standard on ALL MB cars for quite some years.

i figured as much, just some dealers seem to be quoting standard spec in the "options" section making it very hard to work out what optional extras were actually specified on the vehicle.

abs was made standard on most cars by law a few years ago im sure

i figured as much, just some dealers seem to be quoting standard spec in the "options" section making it very hard to work out what optional extras were actually specified on the vehicle.
That tactic ^ drives me mad. Along with 'fully loaded' when the car is not.

That tactic ^ drives me mad. Along with 'fully loaded' when the car is not.

Hi Sweetpea i agree
quoting standard items as extras or options is just ridiculous - anyone interested in a vehicle will be aware of what is standard:doh:
fully loaded is a generalisation of sorts its just B.S

I actually think some of the dealers are just ignorant. Many C Class options are standard on the C63. This is another great reason to get the beast. Safety is high on the agenda on the list etc.

i figured as much, just some dealers seem to be quoting standard spec in the "options" section

Yeah, buying AMGs seems to be difficult in this way - they have as standard things that are options on MB cars and then have an options list of their own on top. Makes for interesting research.

You could try Googling for price lists like this:

mercedes benz price list 2009 filetype:pDF

...which only returns PDF files, your best chance of finding contemporary lists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom