C63 AMG Slowish Revolution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parmzc63

Car
C63 coupe
Hi All, noticed a few times now sometimes i dont get as quite as loud exhaust notes when i put the foot down and up and sometimes its incredible when it starts making sounds of gunshots etc and the revolution picks up quite easily and sometimes it struggles.
I read somewhere its something to do with using tesco 99 fuel. Not sure if this is correct. Anyone else experienced this.

I always use V Power but last time the garage was shut so have just used a tank of Tesco 99 and it didn't seem to be any different, not sure if constant use would make a difference.

Only way to find out is switch to something else!!

I almost always use Tesco Momentum 99 and occasionally Shell V Power Nitro 98, I can't tell the difference to be honest.

Both give pops from the exhaust but I think that's more to do with the remap and lack of seconday cat internals.

usually it will be ok on tesco 99. lets say 7-10 i get loud pops and bangs but the other 3 times i dont. i think it happens when i am low on fuel. Not considerably but around 1/4 tank full. and Paulshep69 haha want to gut mine too.

Haave you tried running it on V power only for couple of weeks?

Been using Momentum for 4 years in the Merc - no problems at all.

Snaps like a goodun using both Tesco and She'll.

I notice that my exhaust isn't as loud when I accelerate hard on damp/wet roads as the TCS cuts in. Maybe this is what you're referring to?
I'm not sure how it retards power though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom