C63 AMG W204 Exhaust Options Resinator Delete or Not?? HELP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGDRIVER1

Car
C63 AMG Estate
Hi All, I am new to this forum, I have a C63 Estate 6.2 - 2013 and I just wanted to get some clarification on the Exhaust Modifications, my setup is currently standard but with the secondary Cats removed and I have the Miltek Slip on and Clamp Pipe.

It sounds good when on the gas from 3000/4000 RPM upwards but pretty sure its quieter at low revs, the exhaust note is for sure alot deeper than stock.

I had a W204 C63 coupe with standard setup before and that sounded so different low end and also much more Raspy throughout.

I have read alot of comments etc on Secondary cats removed and the resinator removed but heard so many mixed opinions, I have explored YouTube with videos on different setup secondary cats removed and resinator on/off but Its not like listening to the car sat right next to you in the flesh.

What I wanted to ask if anyone has been there and Removed the Secondary Cats and The Resinator? What do you think, is it actually too loud? Does it Drone on the motorway?

I just want a proper answer from first hand experience.

If someone has this setup would it be possible to have a listen? I'm really unsure whether to go ahead and get the X PIPE fitted which will cut out the Resinator I dont want it to sound like an airplane, and I'm told it's a ball ache to have it refitted after and another £300/500.

Thanks

Hi All, I am new to this forum, I have a C63 Estate 6.2 - 2013 and I just wanted to get some clarification on the Exhaust Modifications, my setup is currently standard but with the secondary Cats removed and I have the Miltek Slip on and Clamp Pipe.

It sounds good when on the gas from 3000/4000 RPM upwards but pretty sure its quieter at low revs, the exhaust note is for sure alot deeper than stock.

I had a W204 C63 coupe with standard setup before and that sounded so different low end and also much more Raspy throughout.

I have read alot of comments etc on Secondary cats removed and the resinator removed but heard so many mixed opinions, I have explored YouTube with videos on different setup secondary cats removed and resinator on/off but Its not like listening to the car sat right next to you in the flesh.

What I wanted to ask if anyone has been there and Removed the Secondary Cats and The Resinator? What do you think, is it actually too loud? Does it Drone on the motorway?

I just want a proper answer from first hand experience.

If someone has this setup would it be possible to have a listen? I'm really unsure whether to go ahead and get the X PIPE fitted which will cut out the Resinator I dont want it to sound like an airplane, and I'm told it's a ball ache to have it refitted after and another £300/500.

Thanks
Hello fellow c63 owner.
I own a 2013 white c63 in the saloon shape and mine has fitted the miltek secondary de cat pipes fitted, and sound awesome in sports plus mode, but generally on the motorway I drive it comfort mode and even at high revs its not unbearable, just a subtle burble note, so its something you can live with, I hope this helps you out.

P.s mine still has the resinator, no X pipe or H pipes fitted, just was told to get secondary cats removed for a better exhaust flow and sound. The resinator its self is a X pipe inside a metal covering which is restrictive for sound purposes, but if you fit the X pipe you'll just get a deeper, angrier burble even in sport plus high reves. So it's just down to personal choice.

P.s mine still has the resinator, no X pipe or H pipes fitted, just was told to get secondary cats removed for a better exhaust flow and sound. The resinator its self is a X pipe inside a metal covering which is restrictive for sound purposes, but if you fit the X pipe you'll just get a deeper, angrier burble even in sport plus high reves. So it's just down to personal choice.

Hi, thanks for the message, what got me started was comparing it to my Coupe version I had last year. It was very loud stock.

So I brought the estate. More practical indeed! However it also has the Miltek slip on Secondary Decat removal, it sounds deep and you can tell with the secondary cats out the car pulls better. I'm just missing that 6.2 V8 Sound it should be more Growly and it's not, but I dont want Drone and it to sound like a complete ****er Mobil. my coupe on startup was Angry! This is not so. I have been told some car were just Generally louder than others out of the factory.

Hi, i've got all 4 cats removed but the rest of the exhaust is stock.

It's alot louder than stock at any rpm but only when loading the engine, once cruising it's fairly normal.

Also makes the exhaust pop on downshifts from high rpm when doing the throttle blips

I'd have the exhaust system checked personally - I have the same model (63 estate) with the Milltek de-cat. Rasp on start up is loud. Above 3k rpm it sounds like Thor with a chesty cough. Noticably louder than stock but has the quietness at motorway speeds with no drone.
I have heard coupes that don't have half the sound (and am asked "What have you had done?")
...just my twopenniesworth

Hi I was thinking of removing my box and having just a straight pipe and tip but not sure if it would pass an MOT or not?
My car's a 320 clk cdi

Hahaha omg what he thinking of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom