C63 AMG W204 - Must have mods?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thatblokeagain

Car
Banned at mo 🤦‍♂️
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering a buying 2011+ C63 AMG, around £25-£30k. I've had a wide range of performance cars (911GT3, 911Turbo, GTR, M3, M5, Maserati) but really fancy a N/A V8.

In terms of purchase I'd like an LSD but they seem about as rare as Boris' morals so an aftermarket fitment is likely. The Performance pack and Performance plus pack

So, off the top of my head I'm thinking any purchase will benefit from an MSL Stage 1 map and an LSD fitted. From an aesthetic point of view I'd like it to look like a 507 so some of those wheels could be on the agenda.

Other than the above, what would you consider as a 'must have' modification that really benefits an already great car?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

👍👍👍

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering a buying 2011+ C63 AMG, around £25-£30k. I've had a wide range of performance cars (911GT3, 911Turbo, GTR, M3, M5, Maserati) but really fancy a N/A V8.

In terms of purchase I'd like an LSD but they seem about as rare as Boris' morals so an aftermarket fitment is likely. The Performance pack and Performance plus pack

So, off the top of my head I'm thinking any purchase will benefit from an MSL Stage 1 map and an LSD fitted. From an aesthetic point of view I'd like it to look like a 507 so some of those wheels could be on the agenda.

Other than the above, what would you consider as a 'must have' modification that really benefits an already great car?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

👍👍👍
All down to personal taste. I would personally hold out for a PPP and leave it well alone, but that’s just me.

If you go for the ppp car a remap is pointless the only mod would be the LSD and as above leave it alone if you want to mod 1 get the standard 1 and use the price difference to mod it the minute you touch the ppp car you are just devaluing it 😪

Yes the normal PP includes the lsd and sports suspension the PPP cars are (on paper) 487bhp with the SLS internals ie the same engine as the 507--black series with no LSD
No engine upgrade on a PP car, then there is the edition 125 which means nothing on the c63 its just a sticker😀

If you aren't after the 'collectible' aspect, I'd consider a base C63 and remapping it and getting Wavetrac/Quaife LSD fitted.

Another thing to consider would be secondary cat removal for a bit of extra volume but obviously that's personal taste.

Mine has all of the above, I won't be doing anything else to it, I think it's perfect.

Do we think that fitting a quaife to a PP car is tainting it? I've been keen to get it done.

Do we think that fitting a quaife to a PP car is tainting it? I've been keen to get it done.
Not sure there would be any benefit there if it's already fitted with factory PP LSD?

I guess you wouldn't have to have it serviced like the factory one but not sure about performance differences.

Not sure there would be any benefit there if it's already fitted with factory PP LSD?

I guess you wouldn't have to have it serviced like the factory one but not sure about performance differences.
My car is a 2012 with performance pack and no lsd...

It's a PPP car not a pp car that's the mistake the PPP doesn't get 1 as standard. I had the quafe fitted and didn't loose the value intact it increased the value as that was the 1st question people kept asking me, imo it's a no brainer get 1 fitted and enjoy 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom