C63 AMG W205 Stage 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , you are quite correct that I know nothing about Mercedes tuning but surely these cars are fast enough for the road.
To be honest they are! But honestly when you come against a stage 1/2 C63 and it walks away from your stock one you’ll really see how much Mercedes’ held these cars back!

You asked the stupid, rhetorical question. It deserved a flippant response

Please stop polluting perfectly good threads if you have nothing constructive to add. I think many here will be much more bored of you than you were of us when you huffed off. Please try to empathise.
Hi , I just wanted to know why the OP felt it was necessary to tune his car.

What's wrong with that ?

To be honest they are! But honestly when you come against a stage 1/2 C63 and it walks away from your stock one you’ll really see how much Mercedes’ held these cars back!
Hi , Thank you for for your reply.

I now understand the reason why people have their cars tuned.

I could answer the second part of your reply but I will only upset fellow members which I don't want to happen.

Your car is gonna fly with a map !

I've just invested in a 66 plate car, new MP4s just fitted (Costco), time for a map. I wonder though, do the performance dials change with the upped torque and power? I had a stage 2 on my M4 and the dials changed to suit.
I don't think that they do. I've mapped mine using a Genius handheld from MSL and the dials read as before. I'm sure that they have an internal "map" which tells them to display a certain value at a certain speed. If you think about it, to read engine BHP and torque you need a rolling road, so why should a car be able to do that for you? Just my logic, but it makes sense to me!!

I don't think that they do. I've mapped mine using a Genius handheld from MSL and the dials read as before. I'm sure that they have an internal "map" which tells them to display a certain value at a certain speed. If you think about it, to read engine BHP and torque you need a rolling road, so why should a car be able to do that for you? Just my logic, but it makes sense to me!!
Yep, makes sense, the upper limit of the dials corresponds to the map being applied and linked to engine speed. I haven't seen the tuning suite available to the BMWs for the Mercedes but that can be forgiven on the C63's sound alone! I'll probably wait until it warms up a little before remapping as the power can't be put down with the tyres cold.

Yep, makes sense, the upper limit of the dials corresponds to the map being applied and linked to engine speed. I haven't seen the tuning suite available to the BMWs for the Mercedes but that can be forgiven on the C63's sound alone! I'll probably wait until it warms up a little before remapping as the power can't be put down with the tyres cold.
Tell me about it. The torque post map is ridiculous!!

Great fun though, highly recommended. The big advantage of the MSL/My Genius version is you can take it off before a service too.

MSL are £950 with the Genius and £700 without, sounds a little steep.
Superchips are quoting £511 with their box and £369 with £100 off in February.
Would anybody know any pricing for GAD, Celtic, Avon maybe?

I got mine though a group buy at £799 all in, which is obviously better than £900!!

I have to add that their customer service is superb, although I've no experience of the others

GAD are 95-100bhp and 150nm priced at £600 including dynu time

Hi , Thank you for for your reply.

I now understand the reason why people have their cars tuned.

I could answer the second part of your reply but I will only upset fellow members which I don't want to happen.
It’s all friendly mate, reply with whatever you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom