C63 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amiller81

Hi guys just after some advice really. Been looking at the C63's just wondered if there are any things I should be looking out for. I'm after if possible a 2010 or newer nothing above 50,000 miles.

Many thanks

Just test drive a few first so you get a feel for them. Then get it bought and join the party.
Mines a 2010 and have loved every minute of owning it so far (well apart from being on first name terms with most of the petrol stations in the N.East now)

My advice would be to go and have a look at as many as you can before you buy, once you drive one, I guarantee you'll be hooked.

Mine's a 2008 with just 29000 miles on it, it has 19" wheels, I think they look much better with the bigger wheels, I also prefer the silver colours, mine's Palladium, but that's a personal choice.

Fuel consumption isn't as bad as you might think, mine shows 22-25 MPG if the onboard computer is to be believed?

I wish you all the best in your purchase and enjoy the noise from pressing the loud pedal, it really is addictive!

They are brilliant cars but not cheap to run. Cheap to buy, cheap to insure but fuel and tyres are easily eaten up in no time at all.

Mines a 2013 car, coupe, does about 12-14 mpg on the normal run around taking the kids to school, 4 miles to the train station. I put £80-90 and get about 150-160 miles. Rear tyres are lasting about 4K, fronts a little more.

But worth every penny.

Oh and on a run I get about 20 mpg but I have heavy right foot

I've averaged 18mpg over 13k miles. During that time I've had one service £300, new rear tyres £400 and new VED £490.

Currently due new fronts but that's pretty good 13700 miles.

Older cars cost big £££ for dealer servicing.

My advice would be to lease new for lower running costs but the downside is not owning the car and being restricted to modifying etc.

Depends what you want to to though.

LOVE IT.

Cheers guys, I've just put a deposit down on a full loaded 2010 C63 in White!!! Can't wait to pick it up.

Enjoy it, I'm sure you'll just love it. As I said in an earlier post, I still really enjoy the soundtrack that magnificent V8 provides, it's amazing!

I'm also looking for a C63, coupe though.
They don't really seem to have any issues apart from some that overheat and an engine ticking noise.

Loving C63 life! Just 1 thing bugging me... The dam media interface!!! I've bought the cables but when my iPod is connected via the 30pin lead or my iPhone 5s is connected via the usb lead all I seem to get on the display is "device not compatible"

Attachments

• image-3449315876.jpg
    image-3449315876.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 49
I just had a cheap 32gb USB stick permanently attached. Glad you are enjoying the car....

S

Loving C63 life! Just 1 thing bugging me... The dam media interface!!! I've bought the cables but when my iPod is connected via the 30pin lead or my iPhone 5s is connected via the usb lead all I seem to get on the display is "device not compatible"

Congrats! You can't simply plug your iPhone 5 cable to the USB, you need the actual merc iPhone 5 cable or (what I did) get the iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 adapter from Apple and plug into the iPhone 4 cable, this also gives you an extra 200mm in length so the phone can now sit in the ashtray.

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m) - Apple Store (UK)

I am on my third now, cant find anything as nice !!! Enjoy!!!

Thats about the only niggle that I have but used to being frustrated by technology in cars... my 2013 BMW with full media pack and bluetooth streaming would not work with an iPhone 5 because Apple changed the interface! So I am still using an ipod for music (which Command seems to "forget" every now and again) and the iPhone 5 just as a phone.

Everything else about the car is as already written I think - enjoy the noise , the performance , and the relatively understated looks and be prepared to break traction in the dry when hooning (as well as recording single figure mpg)

I've had mine 2 months now. I only keep cars for 6 months,but this one will be with me forever.I want to drive it all the time. If you can get your headround the 20mpg then you will love it. I don't look at the mpg any more. I've owned type rs and focus st s that did the same mpg. Makes the AMG abargain. Your smile will be permanent!!!Get a warranty. If it goes belly up you will need it.

I use Black Berry Stereo Gateway for bluetooth streaming, it fits into your glove box and works perfectly, you just have to change the tracks on your phone instead of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom