C63 Amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a C63, I think there are some available now for around £40K, possibly just under that price too.

In a couple of years these are going to be a serious performance bargain.

That is a LOT of money to loose in 9 months or less and 1800 miles!
£7.77 per mile in depreciation alone!!!!:crazy:

It's a C63, I think there are some available now for around £40K, possibly just under that price too.

It's the milage tho! Its only done 1800 miles!

I think you can get them for around 40k as you say, but with more miles than that

Crazy loss on a car with so few miles.

I mentioned to my brother these were 50K new the other day and he honesty couldn't beleave it. "its only a C class".

Like others in three years these will be an awesome buy. I've yet to actually see one on the road, there all on Piston heads :)

Just a couple of things to add...

Firstly, even if the original price was 55k, that was only 46.8k plus vat, so it's only really lost 2000 quid.

Secondly, it's at a trader, I wonder how much he got it for!!

Firstly, even if the original price was 55k, that was only 46.8k plus vat, so it's only really lost 2000 quid.

Have to agree. I was offered a late 08 C63 with 150 miles OTC, with much the same spec for just over £45,000, and that was with a local MB dealer with a £15k trade in for my C55. Dealers are desperate to shift cars at the mo but i am prepared to hang on till the second half of the year as i bet there will be even better deals on C63's.

Am I missing something?

If the car was 55K to me with Vat when new (which I cannot claim back) as a private buyer then it stands at 55K

If I then sell it and get £44995

Then I have lost £10,005

In reality 40K is probably a fair offer so yes to me if my car it would have lost £14K ?

Either way in another two year mid £20K's I guess :)

What's VAT got to do with depreciation. Surely if you claim the VAT when you buy it then you have to charge the VAT when you sell it?

This is on ebay as well:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-7Gtronic-4dr-Saloon_W0QQitemZ320326593312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item320326593312&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

If anyone is interested, I can vouche for the trader, Harbour Cars. I bought my present 129 from them (it is not their fault that the bottom since fell out of the market..!). They are a small two man show headed by a chap who is an ex MB dealer sales manager, concentrating on the higher end and certainly if mine is anything to go by, the communication was 100%.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Homecar-C63_W0QQitemZ220315054141QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item220315054141&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318
What about this C63? It's only £35k - but I am not so sure about the interior?

Thats what I don't understand?

If private you HAVE to pay vat ??

It's irritating that the vat element is neatly rolled up into the "depretiation" package. It is after all, tax you pay for the privilage of spending your already taxed income ona new car.

It's tax, not depreciation that's all.

This is the whole idea of RRP's it makes you feel the price you pay is the value of the goods, not that you're paying another great chunk of cash to the government. It's strangely omitted from other aspects of purchases....stamp duty for instance.

If you buy a £500,000 house, you pay £25,000 stamp duty (tax).

You never at any point state your house was £525,000.....it was £500K and you paid tax on it.

Cars should be like that, then the government chunk of money is not neatly packaged as a "depretiation" figure...it's shown seperately as a tax which it is.

I have no problem with tax, it finances the country, but it grates when they try to dress it up as something it isn't....I just prefer things more transparent.

It's irritating that the vat element is neatly rolled up into the "depretiation" package. It is after all, tax you pay for the privilage of spending your already taxed income ona new car.

It's tax, not depreciation that's all.

This is the whole idea of RRP's it makes you feel the price you pay is the value of the goods, not that you're paying another great chunk of cash to the government. It's strangely omitted from other aspects of purchases....stamp duty for instance.

If you buy a £500,000 house, you pay £25,000 stamp duty (tax).

You never at any point state your house was £525,000.....it was £500K and you paid tax on it.

Cars should be like that, then the government chunk of money is not neatly packaged as a "depretiation" figure...it's shown seperately as a tax which it is.

I have no problem with tax, it finances the country, but it grates when they try to dress it up as something it isn't....I just prefer things more transparent.

that's how the Govt ensures that we are not reminded daily on how much tax we have to pay .. if prices were quoted in the shops ex VAT, we would see how much tax we pay clearly.

In the US, all prices are displayed excluding sales tax

that's how the Govt ensures that we are not reminded daily on how much tax we have to pay .. if prices were quoted in the shops ex VAT, we would see how much tax we pay clearly.

In the US, all prices are displayed excluding sales tax

Yup, I display all my prices Ex vat, but mainly becasue I'm business to business mostly.

However Trading Standards have taken issue with me twice over it.

I'm asked daily to accept "cash" and lose the vat, it's socially acceptable fraud. Bottom line is I can't operate a legitimate business in that manner, so I often lose sales as a result.

People assume I'll take cash and lose the vat and are often genuinely put out when I refuse.

These cars are going to be soo good to buy in 2 or 3 years! Can't wait!

Unless by then they've been banned :-s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom