C63 Aux/media Connections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bootsy187

Car
C63 AMG
Hi Guys
I've had my 2010 C63 5 days and I'm struggling to work out how to play music from my iPhone 5. I've worked out you can't Bluetooth it to the Comand system( which is shocking IMO) so I've been looking for a 3.5mm jack in the glove box, but can't find one, the only thing I can find is a strange looking connection (pictured)under a cheap plastic cover in the centre console glove box.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance

Ben

Attachments

• image-1347467337.jpg
    image-1347467337.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 22
Hi Guys
I've had my 2010 C63 5 days and I'm struggling to work out how to play music from my iPhone 5. I've worked out you can't Bluetooth it to the Comand system( which is shocking IMO) so I've been looking for a 3.5mm jack in the glove box, but can't find one, the only thing I can find is a strange looking connection (pictured)under a cheap plastic cover in the centre console glove box.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance

Ben

Hello mate, I have a 2010 too, I think that picture is for a car phone or something, the aux connection is in the top of the passenger glovebox but to the right if your sitting in the passenger seat.

Edit, you also need to buy a cable to connect from that to a headphone jack etc but you can also buy iphone 4/5 ones from merc

Your car doesn't have BT audio streaming because it was designed/specified in about 2005/2006 as it first came out on 2008. The 2012 facelift, of course, does.

The connector in the centre armrest is for a phone cradle. There are cradles for certain phones that then use the car' external aerial and charge the phone (such as the iPhone 3, 4, 5)

You should either have a 3.5mm AUX input (standard) or a more complicated looking connector about 1"x0.5" if you have the optional media interface. These will be in the main glovebox.

If you have the latter (it can be retrofitted) you have full iPod control from the head unit with the appropriate cable.

An alternative is the mercedes "after market" iPod kit, which would give you a 40-pin iPod cable in the glovebox, that is controlled from the steering wheel controls and instrument cluster

I hope that helps

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom