C63 B0 service costs....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
My C63 is due a B0 service in the next couple of weeks, needs brake fluid also.

Are main dealer prices pretty much the same wherever you go or do they vary? Is it worth shopping about? I may just go to an indy (PMW) but as i'm trying to sell the car having full main dealer might be an advantage (to some!).

Are there any discount schemes on here?

Thanks

The 3 nearest local main dealers seemed to be a fixed price of around £422 ish
A local reputable independent with STAR access and genuine parts etc.. was quoting £244 ish.

Blimey quite a difference then!

As the car is up for sale at the moment do you think going to an Indy for a service would put people off? (if its a proper Indy as you mention above with Star etc...). PMW have quoted me £373 including a brake fluid change. Plugs were changed at the last service so not needed.....

Keep all the paperwork together. Each to their own taking their cars to a dealership. My old man had his first service on his W124 63 at a garage to keep the warranty but he will never take it back. They are all clowns anyway and don't look after people's vehicles. My dad drove out, checked the oil and stormed back in saying why there was 2 Litres missing (it was on the bottom of the dip stick). They topped the oil up and apologised. Still, you can't rely on anyone nowadays. I do all the work myself and keep a log book - or take it to a reputable indy where you can stay while you wait.

The joy of owning nice cars....

Exactly I would never usually go to a main dealership but for this one I wasn't sure. I imagine they would use the Saturday tea boy to do the various checks / oil changes and leave the experts to the harder repairing bits etc.... god knows...

I've emailed Gem Tech as well to get a price as they are close by as well..... Sodslore it comes up as its up for sale!!

If this is the third service?, shop around all different dealers then your dealer should price match (That is what mine did) Cheapest was £815 but they told me brake fluid was done on my second service and only needs to be done every two years so service is £700.

I don't know how anyone is getting cheaper than that if its the third service (same time MOT is due)

Mines a 2010 so imagine it has had more than 3 services?!

PhilT said:
If this is the third service?, shop around all different dealers then your dealer should price match (That is what mine did) Cheapest was £815 but they told me brake fluid was done on my second service and only needs to be done every two years so service is £700. I don't know how anyone is getting cheaper than that if its the third service (same time MOT is due)

Third service is an A service, the cheaper one... £815!!! I assume you meant third 'B service'?

3rd service includes air filter and transmission oil change.
4th service is basic plus spark plugs and brake fluid.

You can try to save £100 by bringing your own oil, which you can buy on Ebay from MB Newcastle. However some dealers don't like it.

The plugs were done on the last major so not needed this time. I've just booked it in with Gem Tech!

Third service is an A service, the cheaper one... £815!!! I assume you meant third 'B service'?

Third service is first major one so £700 aint bad at all. I thought the thread starters was the third but I was wrong & I only mentioned because mine is due and thought that was the letters it showed on the satnav prompting it was due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom