C63 back boxes on an E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
There is a chap selling E63 (W211) back boxes on FB (and American group I think) as he has swapped his out for C63 ones (W204 I assume)

Anybody tried or heard of doing this?

He says it gives a deeper growling sound?

Just interested to know if this is right

Yes, the C63 and CLS55 boxes have less baffling in them so they are louder / more raucous.

Was a bit of a notorious mod on the 211 55 too.

Yes, the C63 and CLS55 boxes have less baffling in them so they are louder / more raucous.

Was a bit of a notorious mod on the 211 55 too.

I knew it was a mod for E55k - but hadn't heard of E63 swap
Is it straight forward cutting/welding?

There is a chap selling E63 (W211) back boxes on FB (and American group I think) as he has swapped his out for C63 ones (W204 I assume)

Anybody tried or heard of doing this?

He says it gives a deeper growling sound?

Just interested to know if this is right
Are you thinking of doing the same sort of mod?
Have you had a resonator delete at all?

I had C63 back boxes fitted to my w211 55k. The hangers had to to altered to fit on mine. The pipework had to be altered also.

Not yet - but considering x-pipe in the link or maybe the C63 boxes now I've seen that

It did sound good my 55k with the C63 boxes but was quite a bit of messing with the alterations for the gains to be honest.

I think straight pipes or as you have mentioned an x-pipe in place is such a low cost affective mod. For the M156 block. I have straight pipes in place of my resonator on my E63 w212. And I have zero drone on a cruising speed. No drone at all. Couldn't recommend the Res delete enough. Start with this, if still not to your liking you could still look into other options. But money to mod the Res delete is best value for money.

It did sound good my 55k with the C63 boxes but was quite a bit of messing with the alterations for the gains to be honest.

I think straight pipes or as you have mentioned an x-pipe in place is such a low cost affective mod. For the M156 block. I have straight pipes in place of my resonator on my E63 w212. And I have zero drone on a cruising speed. No drone at all. Couldn't recommend the Res delete enough. Start with this, if still not to your liking you could still look into other options. But money to mod the Res delete is best value for money.

Res delete and replace with straight pipe will be cheap even compared to an x-pipe, so maybe I'll start there. Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just an example of what you can get the M156 to sound like with a few low cost alterations.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just an example of what you can get the M156 to sound like with a few low cost alterations.
Now I’m probably the M156’s #2 fan but I don’t think that sounds great 😕

Now I’m probably the M156’s #2 fan but I don’t think that sounds great 😕
Well that's your opinion!!

Post up one you do like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom