C63 back boxes or?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agree with Alx, once the tips are scrubbed and polished they look great. If you want "that" sound then it's the only way, at £400 it's worth a punt as that's quite cheap, if no good then put them back on EBay.

Other option is CLS55 boxes but these are hard to find.

Another option is to get some new back boxes fabricated and fitted, you'd need a decent place to do it and comes with a risk of not knowing what it would sound like. But at least you'd have a unique sound and price wise wouldn't be dissimilar to going the C63 box route.

What do you mean by 'may not have a lot of life left'? It's a welded box, filled with heat resistant sound insulation & wire wool. Hardly anything harmful or destructive can possibly happen to it.

Rust. They look like they could have some rust about them.

Agree with Alx, once the tips are scrubbed and polished they look great. If you want "that" sound then it's the only way, at £400 it's worth a punt as that's quite cheap, if no good then put them back on EBay.

Other option is CLS55 boxes but these are hard to find.

Another option is to get some new back boxes fabricated and fitted, you'd need a decent place to do it and comes with a risk of not knowing what it would sound like. But at least you'd have a unique sound and price wise wouldn't be dissimilar to going the C63 box route.

Indeed, though it doesn't matter if the tips are shiny if the boxes are going rusty.

CLS55/63 boxes are very hard to find.

The trouble with having them made up is the potential for drone. Drone can cut me in half.

Rust. They look like they could have some rust about them.

They are made of stainless steel. You got any pictures?

I'm in Surrey, just outside Guildford.

They do sound pretty good to be honest. They're from a W211 E63. The stock ones that I have just put back on are very very muted in comparison. Let me know if you are interested (email in profile), else they'll be heading towards ebay next week. Funds for new rear tyres needed (I fear this may be a regular occurrence!)
Hi - I'm interesred and could collect today! I can't seem to pm you though as im a newbie. Could you make contact on Neil Rawson at hot mail dot com ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

EDIT - as we are both newbies we cannot message each other. Can you please contact me via the above info. Thanks!

Last edited:
I might have C63 back boxes available if i can't find time to bloody fit them to my car.

so much talk and no doing, boring!:(

C63 rear boxes, leave secondary cats and middle resonator = no drone!

when funds permit , get klemanns added =awesome sound... no drone!

ask the new owner of my car how it sounds, i dont think he stopped smiling :)

I'm not bothering with manifolds Alps, I'm gonna be saving up for an E63 or M5 next.

I have secondary cat and res out it doesn't drone at all. Used to have no back boxes that droned loads

I dont suppose you have any vids Jamie? My secondary cats have been removed already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom