C63 back from detailing and ceramic coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickj

Car
C63
Just got my c63 back from detailing and having a ceramic coating applied. Few pics...

Gave it a top up clean this weekend and did seem much easier to clean but not sure if I imagined this? What advantages should I see from the ceramic coating. They said it wouldn't get so dirty so quickly but the car seems to get as dirty and quickly as ever?

Looking forward to my 2019 rear diffuser and tailpipes to arrive now. Also a subtle set of spacers to be added to the rear.

Had my Lexus ceramic coated 2.5yrs ago and it still cleans as easily as when new. Obviously ceramic coated cars get as dirty as all others, it just washes off so much easier, nothing really sticks!

Lovely finish. Lovely colour.
Ceramic coating on a car, or anything shiny for that matter is just amazing.
It's my favourite job when I valet a car and is certainly the most satisfying.

Looks great.
There is an element of 'the car will stay cleaner for longer' but one of the benefits is how easy it is to wash, now and long in to the future. I assume the detailer you used gave you some advice, tips and product recommendations to enable you to maintain the 'just detailed' finish, reducing the chances of inflicting swirls and wash marring etc.

cheers,

Chris

Had my Lexus ceramic coated 2.5yrs ago and it still cleans as easily as when new. Obviously ceramic coated cars get as dirty as all others, it just washes off so much easier, nothing really sticks!

Maybe I was expecting too much. In my head I thought it would stay looking cleaner as stuff shouldn’t stick but this hasn’t been the case so far. Did seems to clean easier, but again with the rain we had and a long drive, it’s filthy again.

Looks great.
There is an element of 'the car will stay cleaner for longer' but one of the benefits is how easy it is to wash, now and long in to the future. I assume the detailer you used gave you some advice, tips and product recommendations to enable you to maintain the 'just detailed' finish, reducing the chances of inflicting swirls and wash marring etc.

cheers,

Chris

Bought a ph neutral car shampoo and spray detailer from him. I’m by my own admission not great at cleaning cars, but used the car shampoo and wiped over each panel after and the car did look super clean again. This was his advice to maintain.

Just got my c63 back from detailing and having a ceramic coating applied. Few pics...

Gave it a top up clean this weekend and did seem much easier to clean but not sure if I imagined this? What advantages should I see from the ceramic coating. They said it wouldn't get so dirty so quickly but the car seems to get as dirty and quickly as ever?

Looking forward to my 2019 rear diffuser and tailpipes to arrive now. Also a subtle set of spacers to be added to the rear.
Simply Gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sooooooo jealous....
Fantastic car.

Guys, what kind of price is a ceramic coating roughly just.

Lovely colour by the way

A decent one including prep expect around £500 - £600

Guys, what kind of price is a ceramic coating roughly just.

Lovely colour by the way

Yes, mine was £600 and didn’t include wheels being ceramic coated as this was an additional £200! They did remove wheels and coat in another product so not sure why so expensive! I had mine done due to poor quality merc machine polish that needed rectifying. So far, although it looks lovely I’m still not sure it’s worth £600 if I hadn’t needed the swirl mark sorting!

Yes, mine was £600 and didn’t include wheels being ceramic coated as this was an additional £200! They did remove wheels and coat in another product so not sure why so expensive! I had mine done due to poor quality merc machine polish that needed rectifying. So far, although it looks lovely I’m still not sure it’s worth £600 if I hadn’t needed the swirl mark sorting!
Does a ceramic coating eliminate swirl marks reappearing then?

No but the prep involves removing them all, the coating protects against bird droppings burning/damage, makes cleaning g easier and maintains shine especially on black cars..

Does really seem worth it the more I think about it.
No but the prep involves removing them all, the coating protects against bird droppings burning/damage, makes cleaning g easier and maintains shine especially on black cars..

Doesn't really seem worth it the more I think about it.
When you say protects against damage, what do you mean by damage, or do you mean damage from bird droppings?

Last edited:
Stunning finish, stunning motor. :) :thumb:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom