C63 Bi Turbo 2016 service costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Theador

Car
C63 BiTurbo Estate W205
I feel like this has been asked 100 times before but I can't find the details :-s.

I'm picking up (hopefully) a C63 Bi-Turbo Wagon, 2016 with around 50k on the clock this week.

Can anyone tell me what the A and B service schedule is and what the average prices people have paid for each are?

Also is there anything I should look out for on the car, and is it worth getting MB Extended Warranty?

Thanks in advance

Take a look at a MB service contract price especially as at some stage over the next 2-3 you are likely need plugs and gearbox service,unless you have a good Indi near you

Take a look at a MB service contract price especially as at some stage over the next 2-3 you are likely need plugs and gearbox service,unless you have a good Indi near you
I'm pretty close to Star Motor Service in Caversham who seem to get good recommendations; not sure how they fare with AMGs though.

Use the online quote tool to find out what’s scheduled for your car, and pricing. You can try different dealers, some are cheaper than others, even neighbouring dealerships:

If your next service (or two) are big ones then you could consider a service plan, many people save money with the plan, especially if it’s a B-A-B three year plan:

You can use the Electronic Service Sheet (ESS) to find out the schedule - some items are mileage dependent, and other items are age dependent:

That's great! Thanks for that. Where it says 'Service 3' 'Service 12' etc. is that just a code to indicate the type of service? I must admit I'm a bit confused. Do the intervals always go A - B - A - B? Can't see any direct correlation with an A and B. Or is it that every 15,500/ 2year service is considered an A and any of the ones at 3 years and 5 year intervals are considered B?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I've always driven BMW, this is the first venture into Merc land

This is what has been rendered:

ESS CODE:E205286177980/V163MT153000
This code is only valid based on the mileage entered and current age of the vehicle.
Mileage:53,000 miles
Oil Type:MB 229.5 (A 000 989 52 04 11 FIFE)
Oil Quantity:9.0 litres
Service Sheet:Service B
Model:C-Class (205) Estate - Mercedes-AMG C 63 (FIS)
For every service (Equipment specific)
Check ex factory driving aids - vehicles with ex factory driving aids
Fill up or replace vial of perfume atomizer (After consultation with customer With CODE P21 (Air quality package))
Replace battery for KEYLESS-GO key (After consultation with customer with CODE 889 (KEYLESS-GO) or with CODE 893 (KEYLESS-GO start function))
Every 15,500 miles/2 years
Replace dust filter
Service 3 At every service
Engine: change oil and filter
Service 12 - Every 46,500 miles/3 years
Replace spark plugs
Service 20 - Every 62,000 miles/5 years
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (transmission 724.2)
Service 20 - Every 77,500 miles/5 years
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (Transmission 722.9 except 722.930)
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (Transmission 725.0 without code M005 (4MATIC))
Automatic transmission and transfer case: Perform oil and automatic transmission filter change (transmission 725.0 with code M005 (4MATIC))

No worries on the questions.

Always A B A B A, always 12 months about. Mileage dependent servicing with 2 years max was only for cars manufactured up to 2007-ish (and never AMG).

Service NN, is the code for an additional age/mileage related item, eg Service 20 looks like transmission fluid change/service in your example above.

A and B services are alternated every 12 months or 15.5k miles, whichever is soonest.

That's great! Thanks for that. Where it says 'Service 3' 'Service 12' etc. is that just a code to indicate the type of service? I must admit I'm a bit confused. Do the intervals always go A - B - A - B? Can't see any direct correlation with an A and B. Or is it that every 15,500/ 2year service is considered an A and any of the ones at 3 years and 5 year intervals are considered B?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I've always driven BMW, this is the first venture into Merc land

This code is only valid based on the mileage entered and current age of the vehicle.
Fill up or replace vial of perfume atomizer (After consultation with customer With CODE P21 (Air quality package))
Replace battery for KEYLESS-GO key (After consultation with customer with CODE 889 (KEYLESS-GO) or with CODE 893 (KEYLESS-GO start function))
Replace dust filter
Replace spark plugs
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (Transmission 722.9 except 722.930)
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (Transmission 725.0 without code M005 (4MATIC))
Automatic transmission and transfer case: Perform oil and automatic transmission filter change (transmission 725.0 with code M005 (4MATIC))
That looks like a very expensive service, I would get a service care plan sharpish. B service is probably 50% more than an A and you also have transmission and spark plugs due too.

That could easily be a £1000 depending upon whereabouts you are in the country. You might find that it works out much more cost effective to take out the service care plan, best check pricing.

Use the other two links I posted get quotes for the specific service due, and for the service care plan (you’ll need to use the two links to do those two things).

Agree with above if a B service is due next. If the price is similaer to my E63, look to be paying around £1800 for 3 services (£52 a month) two of which will be the bigger more expensive services.

I feel like this has been asked 100 times before but I can't find the details :-s.

I'm picking up (hopefully) a C63 Bi-Turbo Wagon, 2016 with around 50k on the clock this week.

Can anyone tell me what the A and B service schedule is and what the average prices people have paid for each are?

Also is there anything I should look out for on the car, and is it worth getting MB Extended Warranty?

Thanks in advance
Do look out for missed essential service items like diff oil change (amongst others!) - check out my recent thread on the forum about just that lovely subject :)

No worries on the questions.

Always A B A B A, always 12 months about. Mileage dependent servicing with 2 years max was only for cars manufactured up to 2007-ish (and never AMG).

Service NN, is the code for an additional age/mileage related item, eg Service 20 looks like transmission fluid change/service in your example above.
My c43s w202 and c36 are up to two year servicing iirc.

Perhaps annual servicing on AMGs started with the supercharged M113k and M112k then.
My E55 with the M113k was on Assyst Rob.
Worked out a service roughly every 18 months with the mileage I was doing.

Replace dust filter
Replace spark plugs
Slightly misleading there. Service 20, automatic transmission fluid and filter there is an exclusion mentioned for 722.930 (m177 4.0 biturbo), but the interval is not stated. It should be 31,000 or 3 years

On the dsb, air filters and diff oil are together on the same tick box, but dealers seem to ‘forget’ the diff oil a lot.

I saw a 2015 cla45 the other day that had only 2 services. I thought they were yearly on those?
The car starts asking for one on a yearly basis, a few days after the year is up it asks if it can book itself in 😂

Checked it out today. Inspection B was done in October last year with Diff Oil and Plugs - collecting the car on Saturday! Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom