C63 Black Grill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skeeno

Car
2019 A35 AMG
Looking to have the chrome grill on my 12 plate AMG painted black and wondered if anyone on here has done this and what they did with the small foam strip on the upper part of the grill between the bonnet? Do you leave it off and how does it look or have you replaced this if so where do you get it from.

I had my grille painted gloss black, all but the chrome star. Removed both sections. Just tape over the rubber seal, easy enough to do :thumb:

I had my grille painted gloss black, all but the chrome star. Removed both sections. Just tape over the rubber seal, easy enough to do :thumb:

How does it look did you get a good clean Finish with no chrome visible? I also not sure whether to have the star done, I did see you a week or so ago bombing down the A34 south bound.

How does it look did you get a good clean Finish with no chrome visible? I also not sure whether to have the star done, I did see you a week or so ago bombing down the A34 south bound.

I like the look. Spent lots of time prepping, then used rustoleum gloss black paint (about 3 coats) and then 2 of clear coat. Will take some photos in the morning.

Bombing downtown the A34...... Me........ Never :p

Some pictures will be good mate. Cheers

Sorry for phone photos

Attachments

• Grille1.jpg
    Grille1.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Grille2.jpg
    Grille2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 54
  • Grille3.jpg
    Grille3.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 45
last one

Attachments

• Grille4.jpg
    Grille4.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 40
Looking great mate, thanks just need to decide how I want mine did you manage to split the chrome strips away from the grill or did you paint them in place?

I took the chrome star off, but left the rest in place. I think you can get them off, but couldn't manage it on mine. If you don't fancy spraying it yourself then some of my mates have used C&N Customs in Middle Aston who did great work on their cars.

Had mine wrapped, cant even tell its been done it looks that good

Pics on my instagram Phil_T

Last edited:
Plastidip is great for things like this.

It is also reversible for if you change your mind in the future.

Had mine wrapped, cant even tell its been done it looks that good

Pics on my instagram Phil_T

I did get mine wrapped but wasn't happy with it, what did you do with the rubber/foam strip on the upper grill I got them to leave it on but it didn't look great you could still see the chrome in places.

I did get mine wrapped but wasn't happy with it, what did you do with the rubber/foam strip on the upper grill I got them to leave it on but it didn't look great you could still see the chrome in places.

Mine is perfect, The foam strip is still there too and you cant even notice it blending in with the black grill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom