C63 Black Series “replica”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nyssa7

Car
AMG GTS, Hyundai Ioniq 5 73 AWD, Elise S1; Ex owner of: CLA45 Shooting Brake, 2 x R129 500SL, 280GE
What’s the view on this pair?

Shame the yellow one has the wrong rear wing

Red one is done ok, except the front bumper may not be as good out of mould. The front bumper lower centre piece seems to be a bit concave at certain angles. and hood doesnt line up too well with fenders. No rear tow cover.

The yellow one however, is to be avoided. So many points not right in terms of the kit.
Rear wing
Front bumper not lining up well, gaps below headlight
Front grill not complete, missing top half, as bumper and hood doesnt line up.
Both Front arch fender not lining up well.
Rear quarter panels not flushed.
Rear bumper carbon diffuser and bumper doesnt line up well.
Overall a poor kit in my opinion.

Would be interesting to find out when the conversions took place.

I'm looking forward to seeing @sirius9 and @LeeJV widebodied cars soon! Both look amazing in photos.

Last edited:
I've seen these on another forum recently, I thought the guy had only just bought them, I didn't realise he was selling them already???

As for Replica's, I'm not a fan tbh, I know that Myself, Sirius9 and a few others have converted our cars, but they have been done in a way so that they aren't trying to be Black Replicas and look far better with subtle mods IMO.

I've seen these on another forum recently, I thought the guy had only just bought them, I didn't realise he was selling them already???

As for Replica's, I'm not a fan tbh, I know that Myself, Sirius9 and a few others have converted our cars, but they have been done in a way so that they aren't trying to be Black Replicas and look far better with subtle mods IMO.

He is a car trader. Hence why.

I would worry why they were converted in the first place. Accident damaged, cat c/d etc??

Also what are the chances of selling it on in 3 years?

kc

If you're worried then it's obviously not for you.

The Black Series look is desirable to many so as long as the price is reasonable it should sell no problem.

i spotted the yellow one on the opposite side of the A470 a few weeks ago in South Wales and mentioned it on Pistonheads as i questioned if it was genuine or a rep. i actually said to myself 'no way' as it looked very convincing from far but i know there are no genuine Solarbeam yellow C63 BS in the country. I thought it was Rokenr but i checked his insta and it doesnt look like he's been to Wales recently lol.

On the move it looked epic - it had an amazing presence. But those photos up close, not so sure. Certainly wouldnt say it looks like a terrible job, but to Merc or AMG enthusiasts like us we'll obviously pick holes in it all day. Yellow for me. Interior looks to bland with the BS kit though. and the plate position on the red one looks a bit naff, i'd rather just run it without a plate.

It's a very English thing.... the look for less. As LeeJV says, there a modified cars of all levels, but modifying to look like something its not is the same as sticking and AMG badge on something thats not an AMG, its just impersonation with a bigger budget.

It's a no from me. Shouldn't be encouraged either, if I owned a Black Series I would have a bigger problem with it.

It's a very English thing.... the look for less. As LeeJV says, there a modified cars of all levels, but modifying to look like something its not is the same as sticking and AMG badge on something thats not an AMG, its just impersonation with a bigger budget.

It's a no from me. Shouldn't be encouraged either, if I owned a Black Series I would have a bigger problem with it.
They are both AMG C63, just not Black Series. Take the BS badging off and treat them as C63s with a body kit

They are both AMG C63, just not Black Series. Take the BS badging off and treat them as C63s with a body kit

But the real one is £80K, the other is £25k... not the same at all. The height of pretension to 'pretend' its something it isn't. Belongs with the fake Rolex and LV bag I'm afraid.

I know nothing about the conversion scene at all (and don't understand it) but am curious what something like this would cost, including the base car.

To the nearest £10k it's about £10k for aftermarket body kit fitted, maybe towards £15k with all the fettling and paint. Genuine Mercedes parts more like £20k+.

I don't think it's that hard to 'understand', it looks epic compared to a stock car and genuine BS cars are way more expensive. That's it.

Cosmetic enhancements and reasons why people undertake can be fascinating.

Some people simply like the looks whilst driving normally - that is it. Others want the look whilst pretending the vehicle also has the grunt by eg driving it hard. Some want the looks and also invest in the mechanicals to enhance the performance.

Personally, have no issue with cosmetic enhancements, unless they are nasty. Funnily enough, have the same philosophy with some of the people that I fancy.

I know nothing about the conversion scene at all (and don't understand it) but am curious what something like this would cost, including the base car.
I suspect that starting with an accident damaged car helps to keep the cost down, however some (including those on this forum) start with a minty fresh car.

So for a mint conversion car you're looking at £45k ish and for a genuine BS you're looking at £80k ish. A difference of £35k. When you factor in depreciation on the replica (both of these seem to be getting a bit of a slagging off on here so I'd guess depreciation is high and fast on the body kit and parts and maybe on the underlying car too) and problems when it comes to reselling a replica, I think I'd just go for the real thing if this was a look I wanted.
This is the bit I'm trying to understand. For £35k more you could have the real deal and it probably wouldn't lose a penny in value for as long as you owned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom