C63 Black Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a strange ol advert. It does not even try to explain what is the "Black Series", what makes it special, and why someone should pay over the odds for a C63

That's a strange ol advert. It does not even try to explain what is the "Black Series", what makes it special, and why someone should pay over the odds for a C63

This might do so -

Almost be a shame to use it, price at the strong end even with that mileage. Tom Hartley had a black one up a few weeks ago in the £70s, couple of others around in the £80s with a few more miles, but 20k miles is hardly overused for an 8 year car

This might do so -

Yes and there is also the Jeremy Top Gear sketch where he gets up before the crack of dawn and sets off London City centre. And at the end of it, he says it's probably one of the best cars he's ever driven.

Last edited:
There is this one that I’ve been looking at: C63 Black Series

Has anyone here owned one of these? I’ve owned a 507 and would love to get back in another one and probably keep it forever. But then I’m thinking why not fork out the extra and just get one of these? Question is, driving wise how does it compare? Is it THAT much better? 🤔

I recall posting that there's not that much difference between the standard and the BS in power or torque, so is it really worth paying so much more for the BS. Somebody on here who had driven both stated that they were like different cars.

I suspect that for normal road use the standard car is more than quick enough, but if you drive the BS hard on a track day, or stupidly on the road, and certainly for bragging rights, you would notice the difference. I wouldn't, but I don't drive that hard. Only you know how you drive.

Is it worth the extra? If you can afford it, and to run it, then it is.

The Black Series is currently about twice the price or more than the 507 edition. For the difference in price compared to the difference in driving, you’d be better off getting a 507 edition. Unless track racing/driving was specifically your thing.

But I haven’t driven a 507 edition or a Black Series. Just speaking from face value.

Owned PP and PPP c63 204, had my BS from new, yes it is THAT much better and then some and then some more, drive one and all becomes clear.

1622319093407.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The 507 offers no advantage over a PPP car imo.

Last edited:
1622319407383.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom