c63 burnout stupid question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
stupid question. i am changing my tyres tomorrow and want to burn the hell out of my rears...

How do you do it?>?>

honestly i have had loads of RWD cars but never done a burn out but i want to do it tmrw and i get a new facebook profile pic... lol

lol tbh ive wondered the same thing, Ive only done it once by accident on a 1/4mile event by drving through the water they'd put down then going for it with traction off lol

It's a brake stand you want to do, not a burnout. You can only do a burn out in a manual, as you can dump the clutch with high revs.

In an auto, you don't have that option, so you have to use the brakes.

Turn off ESP obviously, then choose 1st gear, hold the brake with the left foot, not too hard, but enough to hold the car still, then plant the throttle.

There's a rear brake bias where the rears don't receive the same pressure the fronts do, so the fronts will hold the car still while the torque will rip through the rear brakes spinning the wheels. Don't do it for too long though, as your rear brakes will be screaming hot.

Try to only brake enough to hold the car, no more than is absolutely necessary to minimise the rear brake cooking.

Also, regulate the throttle, don't go near the redline as it'll upshift, then you end up in 2nd, and wheels are spinning far too fast (I know you want to ruin your tyres, but if they blow you'll ruin your alloys and probably the wheel arch liners). Unless you have a gearbox mode like "M" which doesn't upshift when it gets to the redline, but I wouldn't know as I only have C and S!

Last edited:
lol i-CONICA you have done it before i take it ;) Does this work ok with cars fitted with SBC?

Not that id abuse my car like that you understand lol, just out of interest.

I'd assume so, but it's only a guess, as I don't have SBC.

I'd suggest you only do it in the wet though, if it's not just been raining, put some water down. You'll still get smoke, but more of it, as the tyres still burn as the contact patch is pretty dry and gets hot, but there's steam thrown into the mix too, but it's a lot less stressful on the drivetrain.

Try to use new, smooth tarmac too, as the type that has gravel in it grabs the tyres much more.

There you go Supaer! go give it ago and let us know how you got on ;) lol

Oddly enough I did a burn-out yesterday as I had 4 new Pilot Cup 2's fitted today.

In addition to burn-outs, with the ESP turned off and 1st engaged with the paddles, flooring the accelerator from 5 mph leaves excellent black lines on the road behind :)

Boys and their toys, eh?

Cheers,
Robert

I did one today actually, as I bought a new cheap dash cam (mistake, bought cheap, so will be buying twice), so before I fitted it properly, I stuck it to my boot and went to see what my (little, by guys on here's standards) 3L V6 petrol sounded like externally. Very good, as it goes. :D

Post a pic or video if you succeed

To do this properly you need to buy a 12 year-old Citroen Saxo and then meet up with a bunch of baseball cap-wearing, shell-suited young gentlemen in a B&Q car park some time after 10pm.

It's a brake stand you want to do, not a burnout. You can only do a burn out in a manual, as you can dump the clutch with high revs.

In an auto, you don't have that option, so you have to use the brakes.

Turn off ESP obviously, then choose 1st gear, hold the brake with the left foot, not too hard, but enough to hold the car still, then plant the throttle.

There's a rear brake bias where the rears don't receive the same pressure the fronts do, so the fronts will hold the car still while the torque will rip through the rear brakes spinning the wheels. Don't do it for too long though, as your rear brakes will be screaming hot.

Try to only brake enough to hold the car, no more than is absolutely necessary to minimise the rear brake cooking.

Also, regulate the throttle, don't go near the redline as it'll upshift, then you end up in 2nd, and wheels are spinning far too fast (I know you want to ruin your tyres, but if they blow you'll ruin your alloys and probably the wheel arch liners). Unless you have a gearbox mode like "M" which doesn't upshift when it gets to the redline, but I wouldn't know as I only have C and S!

Wrong, you can do it in S+ 100% and prob S too, For you in experienced drivers I will advise if you doing this which involves turning the ESP fully off make sure you have an empty road without people or objects about. If your tyres are low your going to be fighting to keep the car in a straight line once you let fully off the brake so be warned.

On a lighter note here is mine ;)

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums...C-5638-491F-97BF-06B2F4060128_zps9u2u27cj.mp4

so i didnt actually do a burnout in the private car park before anyone gets exited here.

To many people around and i would rather try in in a halfords car park on a saturday night so at least people can see.

Thank you all for your advice on how to do it!!!

Will come in handy one daay:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom