C63 Buying Experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes Benz Sheffield (or it could be MB Chesterfield) must have one as i've seen it being test driven twice this week.

Im confident 10% can be got with a little persuason, I am off to Stafford next week to test drive the RS6 which if Im honest is (to me) the ultimate factory standard muscle saloon (sorry) however there are just 2 cars for sale both ex audi Uk and a new order is a 4 month wait min and Im unsure about discount.

I actually really like the look of the RS6 range - they are probably one of the 'hardest' looking saloons on sale.

However, looking at the cars you already have, I'd be very interested in your thoughts after driving it as apart from the RS4, which is extremely good, my [admittedly limited] experience of Audi's gives me impression that they're quite 'detached' to drive and they tend to suffer a lot of understeer. I am of course comparing this to a BMW M product of which I have the most experience with, but the C63 also appeared not to suffer this trait on the limited drive I took it on.

I guess I'm quite fussy with how a car handles as I do a fair few track days; after all, I wasn't exactly smitten with my BMW M6 in the corners! I imagine the RS6 to be a very ponderous car compared to your CLS and DB9 especially given the whole engine sits forward of the front axle line.... I really don't how they manage to get the V10 to sit so far out front!!

For looks and straight line speed though.... probably unbeatable!

Thing is on a test drive with a sweaty sales chappie shotgun its hard to get enough lateral G to guage on the limit handling BUT Im a wuss driver and my saloon wont get tracked (other than a mandatory soft lap of the ring every other year but I will probably go in the Aston in the 2010).

I dont need the last degree of handling, its rare I drop the CLS suspension or even press S on the gbox - I just like the grunt and the noise on occasion when safe and prudent to do so :)

Driving the CLS back from Chester after its just had a mini detail (one day, clay bar, buff, Zymol) it ran well and looks superb in none swirl obsidian - someone will get a great car soon ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom