C63 Buying Experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
After being so sure the CLS was a stayer ive got an itchy right foot that needs a C63 or an RS6 to scratch it, the Audi will cost us a holiday cabin in the lakes the minute I take delivery so its the C63 for us (unless a great deal pops up)

Without trying we managed a 5% discount from a factory order on a std car (I dont want the performance pack) but so far ....

No dealer locally has a car to test
No dealer seems that interested to be honest (would buy on a pcp 36 months 10k mles pa)
The CLS55 seems to be worth £30k but may try webuyanycar as imay get a better deal with no px

can anyone with recent buying or haggling experience on these shed any light please

Why buy new? Look at a ex-demo car - perhaps at MK and you get a test drive too...

MK = Milton Keynes ? bit of a trek, MB Birmingham has a nice one at 100 miles but wants £56k Im offering £47k tops for a new one with comand but will add a bit if it has more options and is black with beige or blue with beige. None in the North West at all for some reason ??

Well there's your test drive sorted? :D

I mentioned MK as its HQ - and they may bring it to you.....or lend you it. Well worth a call.

MK = Milton Keynes ? bit of a trek, MB Birmingham has a nice one at 100 miles but wants £56k Im offering £47k tops for a new one with comand but will add a bit if it has more options and is black with beige or blue with beige. None in the North West at all for some reason ??

Good job you don't want that one - as it's MINE!!!! I also didn't pay anywhere near £56k for it...try another 7% off that price which is already £5k below list fort that model. Not a bad deal when it's done just 90 miles and 40 of them was me test driving it twice!

I had exactly the same problem when trying to buy one... nobody had one to test drive. Its a very different case with say the BMW M3 but thats part of the C63 appeal - exclusivity. Coming out of an M3 and M6 and given I do a fair few track days I had to have the AMG Performance Pack so it was even more difficult getting a deal as most ex demo's/used don't have this. I'm therefore very happy with the deal on the car at MB Birmingham.

Last edited:
I still cant get a tester but MB HQ said if I want to drive to MB world they will lay on a full demo and test drive - must be 250 miles.

One thing the MB customer services chap said is that the new model year brings the day running lights and some interior tweaks - hopefully the panoramic roof will be an option as well.

I think I will hold back and see how it goes, two brokers have come back with 8 and 9% discounts on UK factory order cars / new model year which isnt a bad start. So before options they are coming out at just over £47k OTR

mine is a 2010 model and will be here next month. Not sure it has daytime running lights tho.

COMAND now comes with the multimedia stuff thrown in, rather than the £200+ or so it all costed as extra.

and the reverse camera is an option on the C63 now.

I doubt the panaromic roof will be added for next year either.

To get a Test ride I think, unless you get lucky and a MB dealer gets one in, you will have to go to MBWorld. That's just the reality of the type of car and its low level of build at present.

MB seem to have reduced all model builds, probably to keep staff employed, so maybe UK dealers are tyring to shift some pre built models rather than adding more to the line as it were.

MB dealer is turning business away as he can't get new build dates for just about any model this side of christmas at present and nobody here seems to want to wait. (I am still waiting)

Dealer should be able to give you between 2 and 5% off without much trouble, but I doubt whether you will get more off a car that has yet to be built.

We only have 1 MB dealer here, so I guess its a bit of problem for them. The buyer can't go anywhere except to a UK dealer, but then with only 65000 people, they can't exactly turn the business down either.

Nice problem/dilemma to have Dave. I would love to drive one. Loook forward to hearing how the C63 search goes over the coming weeks/months.

My thoughts of an M5 are fading away as reality kicks in, I think running costs will financially kill me. Have toned down my aspirations and currently keen on a Z4 3.0si Coupe (I know they are radically different cars but....)

hopefully the panoramic roof will be an option as well.

Dont bother if it is, if you are 6 ft + like me you dont get enough headroom and I keep banging my head when I get out.

I looked into one of these a few months ago, and there were very few deals. I would suggest looking nationwide for the best deal you can get and do some travelling, worth it I think.

Hi Peter, I was out in a 635d BMW at the weekend and that was very impressive, it pulled like my CLS (over much much shorter rev range) and did 30mpg in town - these diesel BMW`s may be worth a look ?

I do 9000 miles p/a between 2 cars so petrol isnt a big concern.

Scumbag, all the car discounters are coming in at £47.1 too 47.4k on a new base spec with discount on options also, one openly boasted the car will come from Inchcape. To use a broker I would have to shift the CLS to webuyany... or autotrader, I wont start this process untill

A, Ive driven a C63 and liked it
B, I can be sure of getting the latest spec as I am very hung up on these things

I can't believe that you baulk at travelling a couple of hundred miles when you're willing to spend so much money?!! I travelled a fair few miles for a £700 Peugeot!! If it gets you the right car, its gotta be worth it - how about going to MB world and making it as part of a couple of day break? Nice Surrey countryside....

I can't believe that you baulk at travelling a couple of hundred miles when you're willing to spend so much money?!! I travelled a fair few miles for a £700 Peugeot!! If it gets you the right car, its gotta be worth it - how about going to MB world and making it as part of a couple of day break? Nice Surrey countryside....

Agreed, MBWorld is a nice place to visit, I combined it with a business trip to London, wanted to see some models in white before placing the order.

MBworld advertises AMG experiences for £125, test drives in any model for £85 and last weekend I was offered 30 minutes in an AMG for £50 but I didnt have the time.

Hi Peter, I was out in a 635d BMW at the weekend and that was very impressive, it pulled like my CLS (over much much shorter rev range) and did 30mpg in town - these diesel BMW`s may be worth a look ?

I do 9000 miles p/a between 2 cars so petrol isnt a big concern.

I have previously owned a 335d Coupe, as you say Dave, a very impressive engine and torque by the bucket load. I would tempted by a 635d - but they are out of my price range.

Hmm may have to drive down to MB world, when I bought a Mitsub VR4 the mitsi dealer drove me to Ralliart to discuss it and drive a few cars - surely the MB dealer can chip in a few £ for the juice (joke) BUT Im certainly NOT paying to test drive one.
Just heard back from Audi - there is no chance of driving one unless I drive to Audi HQ - this is the credit crunch personified I guess

Scumbag, all the car discounters are coming in at £47.1 too 47.4k on a new base spec with discount on options also, one openly boasted the car will come from Inchcape.

I looked into all the online broker before buying my ex-demo C63. I have previously bought a Fiat Grande Punto for my girlfriend from Broadspeed and it was very simple - they put me through to a fleet car supplier who ordered the car and arranged delivery directly from a Fiat dealer and I got 30% off list! Therefore, I tried the process on the C63 as they these are currently the cheapest online with around a 10% discount

However, the process with the Merc was very different - you fill in the form to get a quote and then you get a phone number to contact their 'recommended' dealer. As it happens, this connected me directly to Mercedes in Loughborough...which happens to be Inchcape. They said that whilst Broadspeed advertise the price, it is down to the dealer to decide whether they are prepared to sell the car at that price and in the case of the C63, as there is no stock, they were not prepared to do the 10% discount as advertised on Broadspeeds website. They would however give me 6% which was a fair compromise but from my point of view, it was still not the 10% as advertised.

Had I not got such a good deal on the ex-demo one at MB Birmingham, I would have contacted Broadspeed to see what they have to say about this. I'm not saying that Broadspeed deals aren't genuine as I've clearly had success with them before but I would be very interested if anyone could secure a deal at the prices they quote on the C63!

Had I not got such a good deal on the ex-demo one at MB Birmingham, I would have contacted Broadspeed to see what they have to say about this. I'm not saying that Broadspeed deals aren't genuine as I've clearly had success with them before but I would be very interested if anyone could secure a deal at the prices they quote on the C63!

Same thing happened to me when I was thinking of getting a Subaru Legacy Diesel. Actual discount offered by dealer was about half what was advertised on Broadspeed.

I know a company that sources MB's around the Midlands (UK cars from MB direct) if anyone wants the contact number let me know. I know they recently sourced a c63.

I looked at the C63 when I was changing the E55 but couldn't get a test drive :wallbash: and the ones around were fairly basic spec.
Will wait to see if they do a AMG E coupe' that will be a beast:)

However, the process with the Merc was very different - you fill in the form to get a quote and then you get a phone number to contact their 'recommended' dealer. As it happens, this connected me directly to Mercedes in Loughborough...which happens to be Inchcape. They said that whilst Broadspeed advertise the price, it is down to the dealer to decide whether they are prepared to sell the car at that price and in the case of the C63, as there is no stock, they were not prepared to do the 10% discount as advertised on Broadspeeds website. They would however give me 6% which was a fair compromise but from my point of view, it was still not the 10% as advertised.

I searched many dealers when I bought my 07 S Class and Mercedes Loughborogh sourced a stock car from outside thier group and applied the same 10% discount I had been offered on one at Loughborough.
I have no experience of buying an AMG but these guys certainly were the best for price and service by quite some margin.:D And only about 140 miles away from home!:eek:

Im confident 10% can be got with a little persuason, I am off to Stafford next week to test drive the RS6 which if Im honest is (to me) the ultimate factory standard muscle saloon (sorry) however there are just 2 cars for sale both ex audi Uk and a new order is a 4 month wait min and Im unsure about discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom