C63 Cam Adjuster Noise

Yex

SUPPORTER
Car
C63AMG Edition 507 Coupe, Range Rover Evoque
OP, if you are still unhappy when MB have completed their analysis take the car and associated MB paperwork to one of the decent Indies we all know about on here and get their opinion. In your original two videos your car doesn't sound like any C63 I've heard on start up.

OP
OP
R

R77C

Car
C63
Thanks, Yex. Whilst I'm sure an Indie would be able to immediately diagnose and fix the issue (I always use Indies where cars aren't in warranty), I don't see why MB would take their opinion over their own? Presumably they could just come to the conclusion that the Indie wants the work, and thus why would they trust their opinion?

AMV

Car
E350 Coupe / C63 W204
Bought from a Mercedes dealer at the end of February this year (not the dealer who is currently doing the work). I have the normal approved used 1 year AMG Warranty
I've read your story and im sorry to hear the problems your facing!

Just on the point of your warranty. As far as im aware Approved Used AMG's benefit from a two year AMG AUC Warranty as standard. Most dealers aren't aware of this and as such only advertise one.

Once you purchased your car did you not get two letters from Merc with two different years of cover? I hope they didn't stop this!

Hope your car gets resolved soon. I've had some minor work with the AUC warranty however i'll stick with PCS / WG for the future!

OP
OP
R

R77C

Car
C63
Hi AMV, well I got a letter which said at the top that it ran for 1 year, but then in the body of the letter text it mentioned 2 years. I called up MB Warranty to clarify and they said it's a 1-year warranty.

Seperate to above I actually bought the car from an Inchcape MB dealer, who were running that special offer whereby in Years 2 and 3 they provide an Inchape "copy" of the AMG warranty. So the car is covered for 3 years in total; 1 with the AMG warranty and 2 with the Inchcape equivalent.

Also, my father recently bought a C43 from a different MB dealer (part of MB retail group infact) and his only came with a 1-year AMG warranty too.

AMV

Car
E350 Coupe / C63 W204
Hi AMV, well I got a letter which said at the top that it ran for 1 year, but then in the body of the letter text it mentioned 2 years. I called up MB Warranty to clarify and they said it's a 1-year warranty.

Seperate to above I actually bought the car from an Inchcape MB dealer, who were running that special offer whereby in Years 2 and 3 they provide an Inchape "copy" of the AMG warranty. So the car is covered for 3 years in total; 1 with the AMG warranty and 2 with the Inchcape equivalent.

Also, my father recently bought a C43 from a different MB dealer (part of MB retail group infact) and his only came with a 1-year AMG warranty too.

I hope the Inchcape warranty is as good or better!

Guess Merc must have stopped the two year AUC warranty models in 2019.

OP
OP
R

R77C

Car
C63
Definitely something I looked into - it appears that they have mimicked the AMG warranty in terms of coverage, plus the maximum limit per claim is actually more than I paid for the car, suggesting a big job would be covered within the financial limits.

I'm not too worried given I have 3 years of warranty coverage on the car, but it's just the principle that it clearly shouldn't be making that noise and I'd rather the car was fixed.

PaulXC

SUPPORTER
Car
2018 E220d S213 ||| 2012 E500 4.7 V8 Bi-Turbo Cabrio
Sounds exactly like what happened to my E500. Different engine, mine is a M278, but very similar story - I ended up with a new engine paid for by the Merc Extended Warranty. See here.

OP
OP
R

R77C

Car
C63
Wow, Paul. Interesting story and great ending! Mine only makes the noise on warm start-up which seems synonymous with cam adjuster rattle from what I've read where others have experienced it.

I guess the tricky thing will be getting Mercedes to admit the fault otherwise I'll get nowhere. I truly hate the "they all do that sir" attitude!!!!!!

Mercedes Technical have come back asking for some oil pressure tests to be done, which the dealer will do on Monday and report back to them.

pillow

Car
W216 CL600
"That sound is normal and they all do that sir. We just replaced all of those other parts because we were bored and had nothing to do in the workshop."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom