C63 'check left dipped beam'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AL3X

Car
C63 AMG
As above, right when I was just thinking my cars running nice and well, I've got a warning on the dash saying 'left dipped beam' and sure enough, the left dipped beam is out!

I have swapped the drivers to passengers xenon bulbs over, the fault remains on the left, which rules out the bulb at fault.

Any idea what could be causing this? I did go trough a see push puddle last night.

The Ballast control unit, don't have STAR with me but Mercedes normally position them below the headlight. There is one for each Headlight.

Ah right, I assumed that was the part on the back of the bulbs, but that gives some
Hope!

Any idea how much these are? Or could it possibly have just
Got wet and need
Some wd40?

If anyone could tell me the precise location on a w204 that would be great!

Also, could anyone tell from the vin no. What part I need?

I have just noticed there is a bit of condensation in my headlight since the puddle, so I assume it's probably got the ballast if that's under the light...

Also, could anyone tell from the vin no. What part I need?

I have just noticed there is a bit of condensation in my headlight since the puddle, so I assume it's probably got the ballast if that's under the light...
Ballast as stated or ignitor ( item which hid bulb fits into) be careful with hid systems as they hold the voltage DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EARTH UNITS

I've sorted it, spent a few hours cleaning and drying the headlight, ballad, etc and it all started working again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom