C63 checks or questions prior to purchase??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidcarr1980

Car
C63 amg
Hi guys I've put a deposit down on a C63, is there anything I should be checking or questions I should be asking out of the normal with this type of car??

Hi guys I've put a deposit down on a C63, is there anything I should be checking or questions I should be asking out of the normal with this type of car??

From a dealer or an independant? What warranty are you getting? How old is it?

I think you need to share some details about the car rather than just bombarding people with vague questions in a couple of threads already....

Two questions is hardly bombarding but il make sure to attach every detail for YOU in the future!

It's a 62 plate from a garage with Mercedes warranty till next year remaining
It's a white C63 amg 125 edition coupe
20000 miles

Personally, I'd be looking to buy from a Merc dealer rather than an independent.
Specifically because of the offer (still ongoing) of 2 year extended warranty on AMG cars.
If you want to continue your warranty after the standard 3 years runs out, it will cost in
the region of £2000 a year.
White was a very popular colour on these cars so the dealer network should have a good
few of them available too.

£948.70 for a tier one warranty with £250 excess for my 2012 c63, not £2000.

Taking the car to acid on the way home for a remap and maybe a little more ha

£948.70 for a tier one warranty with £250 excess for my 2012 c63, not £2000.

£948.70 for a tier one warranty with £250 excess for my 2012 c63 BLACK SERIES, not £2000

Corrected that for you:thumb:

Two questions is hardly bombarding but il make sure to attach every detail for YOU in the future!

It's a 62 plate from a garage with Mercedes warranty till next year remaining
It's a white C63 amg 125 edition coupe
20000 miles

I think what I said was a perfectly valid point. No need to get all worked up? You want people's opinion and yet you hardly mention anything about the car. Doesn't make sense to me?

I'm not worked up there's always one! I just asked a question and have elaborated just for you! My other vague question said the car make model and year etc. sometimes if you cannot say something positive to new guys on the forum it's better to say nothing, than confirm what people think!

I'm not worked up there's always one! I just asked a question and have elaborated just for you! My other vague question said the car make model and year etc. sometimes if you cannot say something positive to new guys on the forum it's better to say nothing, than confirm what people think!

Right, so you wrote 'you' in CAPITAL LETTERS for no apparent reason? :fail

Few points when i was looking for my C63...

1 - Cold start, ensure no tapping.
2 - Check oil leaks?
3 - Check suspension
4 - Check is service or brake change due, maybe factor in price.

Other than that, nothing much...
except prepare for frequent stops in shell... but compensated by big grins everytime you drive!!!

Just my 2 cents...
Hope this helps...

Thanks Sirius, car serviced last month. Does the C63 have a similar system to BMW where it tells you when brakes are required etc??

Hi Sirius thanks a lot. Just serviced last month, does the on board computer tell you brake condition??

Hi Sirius thanks a lot. Just serviced last month, does the on board computer tell you brake condition??

On board computer will tell you when brakes are low. Doesnt tell you percentage or condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom