C63 Clinder Head Failure (W204)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LDC

Car
W204 C63 coupe
Hi All,

In the first 2 months of ownership of my 2012 c63 coupe I noticed the smell of burning oil coming from under the bonnet and also the car had started to run slightly rough on idle, I had a quick look and noticed that oil had been dripping onto the exhaust manifold on the right hand bank so straight away I thought it must be the valve/rocker cover gasket so I ordered one from MB when it came to fitting the new gasket and I began to remover the coil packs cylinder two spark plug well was completely full of oil (that explains the rough running). Anyway I cleaned up all the oil and new gasket installed, I thought all was well up until the car started running rough again, straight away I removed the cylinder two coil pack and oil had stared to build up around the plug again.

I cleaned up all the oil and started the car leaving the coil pack out so I could see where the oil was coming from and to my surprise I could see oil seeping through the cylinder head wall about a quarter of the way down the spark plug well!

so it’s looking like I’m going to need a new head, lucky the car is still under warranty.

I’m just wondering if any has ever heard of this happening, I have searched and searched but can’t find anything.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section (first post)

Bad luck! Haven't read of that fault with the C63 engine before although a few others.

That warranty is paying for itself now

I had a leak from a crankcase on my Honda motorbike a few years ago, it was just seeping out of the casting. Replaced under warranty

Sounds like a porous casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom