C63 command sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie1982

Car
2014 C63 AMG
Guys,

So finally had to use the sat nav in the c63 yesterday and I'm a tad disappointed to say the least. I have 2014 plate car so assume it'll be on the latest version available and I have a few gripes. The usage, layout and onscreen information is well behind the ford system I had in my focus ST3 which was a 2015 model. It sent me the wrong way on one occasion and when I left the navigation to audio and went back although the voice command was still going the highlighted map guidance was lost and for the life of me I couldn't get it back without resetting the route again.

A friend has a 2015 c250d amg line and has mentioned that they later systems use a Google based setup and it's much better over he's dad's 2012 c class

does anyone know if the newer system can be installed?

Cheers

OK I'll take a look to see what version I'm on and speak to merc

If yours is a 2014 car you should be able to get free map updates for the first free years

If yours is a 2014 car you should be able to get free map updates for the first free years

Yes it's a 2014 plate mate. Wasn't aware of that so thank you for the heads up

Depends on whether you have servicing done with MB dealers.
Update is only free with servicing. If not, its about £150 for updated Map and
£100 for the 4 number PIN.

Depends on whether you have servicing done with MB dealers.
Update is only free with servicing.
Nope, we've been through this before.

While many dealers will try to link the map update with a service, MB UK have confirmed that the entitlement to free map updates for the first three years after registration is not linked to servicing.

Is your live traffic subscription active?

Going to say no as I've not paid for anything. Had the car two weeks and the dealer didn't mention any for of subscription

It's free for first 3 years and needs to be activated if not already.

is v13 simply a more updated map or does it have different interface?
I had mine updated when I serviced my car in December last year and I'm pretty sure it's v11 after updating? Was v13 released in 2016?

I use mine on a daily basis and it has never let me down with routing and traffic etc.

However I do agree that the functionality of the system is old and even in the latest Merc models, they should have made it touch screen,

Yep, the system itself looks and operates like a very old system.
Coming from BMW iDrive, it's a big step down in everyway.

V13 is 2015/16 released early part of 2016

It's free for first 3 years and needs to be activated if not already.

It must be active as I had yellow cars on the screen today warning me of traffic,

I'll stop in at the dealer and speak to them, even if the v13 is still a little dated to use if it looks better and clearer to read from what I've seen of my mates and it's compatible it'll be a nicer image to follow

Thanks for the help

can someone take photo of their v13 satnav and post here please? curious to see how different it is to v11. Thanks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Not a real video but the promo video on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Bo2BSaMkah8

Hope that helps
thanks but isnt that the new c class? not sure updating w204 c class software/map to v13 would result in the same user interface as whats in the video?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom