C63 coupe - acceleration clicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyJT

Car
C63
Afternoon All,
New member here, I have been a member of a few forums in the past and about 4 months ago I purchased my dream car. A C63 coupe which I wanted for years after hearing the pace car at Silverstone in 2010. Turning to my mate at the time saying "I need that noise in my life".:thumb:

I've done about 5000 miles since taking ownership and loving the drive & attention it gets. Spent 2k so far on servicing, fixing a problem and tyres.

Love the car but have had a few issues, the gearbox had developed a leak due to a missing clamp & bolt which Merc sorted quite quickly. I have noticed there seems to be a clicking when I accelerate hard. If I accelerate hard a second successive time it doesn't happen but leave it 5 mins and happens again. It doesn't happen if the engine is reved standing still. Really strange. I'm a bit lost with this one and have searched the threads on here but can't find anything. Has anyone got any ideas?

Picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 28
It could be 'pinking', these cars need running on super unleaded minimum.

Try filling up with V-Power/98+ RON fuel, and give it a few days, and see how it is.

P.S. Nice car, I have a black one :)

Welcome to the forum, nice car. Yes defo super unleaded. Run it on v power for a few tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom