C63 Coupe Tyre option

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richywiseman

Car
E63 AMG, Previously C63 Coupe
I’m having difficulty in sourcing Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255/30/19 for my C63 Coupe, most people I have called advised that they are on back order from Michelin.

I have been offered them in 265/30/19 or 265/35/19, has any one else used those and were they ok???

I know they will be slightly different rolling radius, but does it make that much of a difference?
:crazy:

I use 265/30R19s and they fit fine. The rolling radius is identical, just the tyre is 1cm wider.

Don't fit 35profiles.

Great choice in tyre by the way

Thank you very much for the replies, no one seems to have the 255/30/19, one of the garages called Michelin and even they can't advise when they will be available (they have 1 in stock) I can get the 265/30/19 next day

Yes I've done alot of reading forums and although I've never used them they get alot of good reviews, so I needed to give them a try :)

I don't think Michelin ever made them in the 255/30R19 size.

I don't think Michelin ever made them in the 255/30R19 size.
They must have at some point? they said they had 1 in stock, but it looks as though they are out of production, must have not had a great demand for them?

I use 265/30R19s and they fit fine. The rolling radius is identical, just the tyre is 1cm wider.

Don't fit 35profiles.

Great choice in tyre by the way

Did you change the fronts also? I have the OEM Yokohamas and they are fine, just not sure about have the different tyres on the back, is this ok? :dk:

Thanks

probably OK, I changed all four as I had a sidewall cut in one of the fronts.

Just looked, they do make them now - they did not when I first bought them and I have just stayed with 265s for my second set.

I have 255/30/19's super sports on the back of mine. Have been fine so far and i think they cost me £220 each fitted from my local ATS who price matched what I found online.
I still have the original Continental 3's on the front.
Just make sure you watch them when they fit them!

I have 255/30/19's super sports on the back of mine. Have been fine so far and i think they cost me £220 each fitted from my local ATS who price matched what I found online.
I still have the original Continental 3's on the front.
Just make sure you watch them when they fit them!

In case they damage the alloys?

Had the new tyres fitted today, but I have a quick question are the tyre pressures just the same as the OEM ones I ve taken off???

Has anyone any experience with different tyre pressures for the PSS? :dk:

To early to tell how grip is as it was raining when I left the garage :mad: but the suspension appeared softer, probably something to do with actually having tread on them :eek:

To early to tell how grip is as it was raining when I left the garage :mad: but the suspension appeared softer, probably something to do with actually having tread on them :eek:

That will be Michelin's comfort (soft) side walls..

Finding the PSS really strange, tyre pressures are same as printed on the inside and I know that they feel "soft" but I have no confidence driving at speed, the back end feels line marshmallow, there so much movement in the tyres in the corners. Hopefully it's just a perception thing and I get used to it, it felt much more secur in the yokos.
However grip is amazing !!

Finding the PSS really strange, tyre pressures are same as printed on the inside and I know that they feel "soft" but I have no confidence driving at speed, the back end feels line marshmallow, there so much movement in the tyres in the corners. Hopefully it's just a perception thing and I get used to it, it felt much more secur in the yokos.
However grip is amazing !!

Exactly why for me I can't stand soft sidewall tyre's, tyre shuffle is most off putting whilst in corners and on motorways, also effects feedback and can cause the tyre to go mishaped, but with Mich good luck with finding a round balanced one in the first place. The grip is great but unfortunately they let go without warning, when they do...

I just fitted the Michelin pilot super sport 265/30/19 yesterday also. Just been down the motorway at speed and the dash flashed red 'check tyre pressure'. Pulled into a service station and topped everything up to 41, still felt a little odd, saw what i thought Was a nail in a tyre so went to have it checked. Was just a stone but they checked the pressure and everything was at 37 because the pressure gauge was off at the service station.

Tyre folk also claimed my alignment is off, so will have to get that looked at. So check everything first I guess.

Online somewhere I saw different settings for the toe and camber of the wheels which people have all said gives better grip and much longer tyre life, so when I have the alignment looked at I think I'm going to give it a go.

currently have 255/30/19 on the back of my 63

Tyres are knackered, it seems from this thread that 265/30/19 are an option but surely this will affect ride height fractionally and monitoring systems ?

265 is the width
30 is the tyre profile
19 is the diameter

255/30/R19 are the same as 265/30/R19 only wider.

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom