C63 coupe tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickster100

Car
C63 Coupe PPP in black
My C63 coupe will be needing new rear tyres shortly. Have been on Continental Contisportcontacts all round since i bought the car 12 months ago and whilst the fronts are ok, the rears are used up. Any suggestions for best replacement would be appreciated?

I am running Conti SP6's all round which I have to say are really good. Far better than the SP5,s. Also might be worth going wider on the rear to help with grip levels. The rears still only last 6k-8k. My only other option would be my normal default choice of MPSS. I fancied a change and plan to stick with the Conti,s now!

Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics

Both excellent wear, F1 Asym a bit quicker but better grip in wet.

sirius9 said:
Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics Both excellent wear, F1 Asym a bit quicker but better grip in wet.

I'm on Michelin PSS now, after people raving about them. Came from Goodyear Asymmetric 2s.

The rear Goodyears only lasted about 6000 miles, people said that I should be looking at double that with the Michelins but after 2000 miles they're looking quite worn. At present, I think I'll be lucky to get to 6000 miles with them.

I'd go for the Goodyears all day long, for me, the wet and dry grip was much better than it is with the Michelins.

MPSS & Goodyears Asym are fairly similar.

How long the rears last are very much dependant on how heavy your right foot is, esp from stop to moving position.

I ran vredestein ultrac sessanta on my last C63. They took a few hundred miles to scrub in but for the UK they are ideal. One of the best wet weather tyres you can buy yet provide decent dry performance. Also have a very hard wall with good rim protection.

Nothing in it for day to day road driving. I can't comment on track performance yet. I budget for a new set of rear boots each year regardless so as long as they aren't illegal at 8k that's fine.

Thanks all. All advice welcome and it's clear that everyone has their favourites. At least we all know that if we make a mistake and buy the wrong set, it won't be long before we can try again..............

I have had Michelin PSS on mine since July 2015

Covered 11,000 miles including a road trip to Italy and if any of you have me on instagram "supaer" then you will see i was doing loads of burnouts on the weekend and i just measured the tyres and there is 5mm on the rears.

I am well and truly baffled, previously my last Michelin PSS lasted 7,000 miles.... So basically i think every 1,000,000 tyres Michelin make indestructible ones.......

And i bought them...

I'm running the new Conti SP6 fantastic tyre will be replacing the 5Ps on the front with the 6 when they wear down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom