C63, couple of queries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigChap

Car
White C63 PP+
Howdy chaps, picked up a c63 PPP yesterday and I have a couple of queries.

Where is the best place to get the iPhone 5 interface cable (also, can you get ones that stretch to the centre console?)

And regarding the much debated LSD, the previous owner wasn't sure it only says performance pack - £5000 on the original bill of sale. I've heard about the 472 (or is it 471?) on the vin plate, is this the one located on the drivers b pillar? I'd also read on here that if the diff casing has cooling fins you're in luck? It's got them for sure!

Won't be long until it's remapped :rock:

Cheers!

The cooling fins don't mean it has a LSD unfortunatley. However if it doesn't then a Quaife or Wavetrac diff are far superior to the OEM one.

As long as you go Eurocharged (free updates) for the Re-map and the best out there then your laughing.

mmm, makes sense, I did suspect that the LSD would be noted on the spec sheet.

I also have a quaife'd fwd car, does anyone know if the merc LSD acts the same way when lifted off the ground? Hand rotate a wheel and the other one should rotate the same way rather than opposite way? Have a mate with a garage so can nip down today and check it that way!

Congrats on your 63.
Go to the mercedes website log in to my mercedes and enter your vin, it will list the full specification for your car.

Re the iPhone 5 cable if you are looking for the lead which connects it to the Comand system so that you can see the phone as an iPod then an MB dealer or forum sponsors Comand Online are where you need to be looking, it's about £40-50 and i believe only comes in one length as it is designed to keep the attached device in the centre armrest space.

If you just want power and bluetooth audio rather than full iPod access then any usb to lightning cable will work using either the usb in the armrest or a charger plugged into the 12v.

Congrats on your 63.
Go to the mercedes website log in to my mercedes and enter your vin, it will list the full specification for your car.

Thanks mate, I called local MB regarding the cable and they confirmed it doesn't according to their records

Re the iPhone 5 cable if you are looking for the lead which connects it to the Comand system so that you can see the phone as an iPod then an MB dealer or forum sponsors Comand Online are where you need to be looking, it's about £40-50 and i believe only comes in one length as it is designed to keep the attached device in the centre armrest space.

If you just want power and bluetooth audio rather than full iPod access then any usb to lightning cable will work using either the usb in the armrest or a charger plugged into the 12v.

Thanks I'll check the forum sponser as mb are out if stock! My USB port is in the glovebox, I couldn't find anything in the centre:confused:

BigChap said:
Thanks mate, I called local MB regarding the cable and they confirmed it doesn't according to their records Thanks I'll check the forum sponser as mb are out if stock! My USB port is in the glovebox, I couldn't find anything in the centre:confused:

Before you spend more than you need to you need to find out the following :

1 - do you have Comand ?

2 - if so do you have the media interface ?

The latter is a completely different type of socket to USB. It has a bespoke MB connector at one end and then at the other a plug for either USB, Apple 30 pin and now the recently available lightning plug on newer devices. If you don't have media interface then the USB socket you have will work with any apple lightning cable I believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom