C63 cracked multi spoke alloy......so time for new wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wheels look great and really suit the car. Interesting that my copies hit a raised exposed drain and never cracked but these genuine wheels cracked on speed bumps?

Main reason for sticking with OEM was safety....and the other was, if I am in a accident with OEM wheels fitted I would be OK with the insurance company. However, I would be a bit concerned with non OEM wheels on.....unless this was obviously declared to the insurance company.....might sound daft, but from experience with an insurance claim, the insurance companies seem to do anything to wriggle out of a claim.

I watched the videos of what happens to replica wheels compared to genuine, that are on you tube and thought I have invested a lot.....and I mean a lot of cash into this car so there was no way I was going to go for anything other than genuine wheels.

Don't get me wrong the replicas must be to a certain safety standard as otherwise they would surly be illegal to sell???

I got them from MB for just under 2700 ( supposedly last set in country)..... I wouldn't buy from anywhere else apart from MB as there are Chinese copies of all the AMG wheels available.......scary sh*t!!

I didn't know that Chinese replicas were oem !!lol
They look pretty fake to me...

Nice wheels, Lee. Still think you should have painted them.

bvc bvc

507 wheels look great, good job there. I also think the new W205 19s also look great.

Main reason for sticking with OEM was safety....and the other was, if I am in a accident with OEM wheels fitted I would be OK with the insurance company. However, I would be a bit concerned with non OEM wheels on.....unless this was obviously declared to the insurance company.....might sound daft, but from experience with an insurance claim, the insurance companies seem to do anything to wriggle out of a claim.

I watched the videos of what happens to replica wheels compared to genuine, that are on you tube and thought I have invested a lot.....and I mean a lot of cash into this car so there was no way I was going to go for anything other than genuine wheels.

Don't get me wrong the replicas must be to a certain safety standard as otherwise they would surly be illegal to sell???

Not doubting your reasons Lee and I know the money you have sank into you beast makes the outlay on the wheels negligible.

I agree with the insurance and any wheel that didn't come with the car tends to be classed as a modification. From experience different companies deal with this differently. I'm now with Highway and they wanted to know the size and that they where CE marked.

I just find it interesting that loads of genuine wheels on eBay have cracks or have been repaired. I'm contrast I have had two sets of replica/fake/copy wheels which have suffered a big hit and they have never buckled or cracked.

I must comment that I have never purchased such wheels from eBay. I only ever purchase from companies I know of and have a reputation to protect and a desk I can bang on if needed.

Anyway wheels look great and I saw a set advertised recently for £4k so the price was good also.

if i had pots of money would prob buy originals as well

:rock::thumb:

I've read numerous threads on here about original C63 wheels cracking

Aren't copies by law required to not look 100% the same? In other words somewhat different to original, like we can tell what's OEM by the markings on the inside of the alloys which the copies don't have?

I got them from MB for just under 2700 ( supposedly last set in country)..... I wouldn't buy from anywhere else apart from MB as there are Chinese copies of all the AMG wheels available.......scary sh*t!!
I'm not sure about the 507 wheels.
My copy's have out lasted my original wheels ten fold. Personally from what I've read the standard 19" multi spokes must be made of the cheapest alloy on the market. I had one original crack on me so I replaced it with another one (rear) then less than a few months later I started losing pressure on the tyre on the opposite side and found that had cracked as well. I sold all 4 with one advertised as cracked to claw some money back for some aftermarket wheels and ended up buying the copies I've got for half the price I sold the standard ones for. They're still going strong and all in good shape now.

18"s look a lot better than that replicas Lee bought!

only milk or juice come in 2l!

Ha ha Bruno....mine is no replica....it's the original and all the rest are just copies:cool:

Great looking wheels Lee.

Completely agree with your stance on buying OEM, even though some copies are decent, it all comes down to cost and I find it laughable how some will spend thousands on their cars then find the cheapest wheels they can to sit on, same types that fit Widowmaker tyres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom