C63 Cracked Wheels.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can go from being a nice customer the dealer would like to look after, to being a money grabbing, awkward one, quite quickly.

I fail to see the relevance of a free service to having cracked wheels at purchase time.

It is important to maintain a good relationship and that, as Will has pointed out, means both sides contributing to that and both being reasonable, no one was injured and you got the correct outcome with no hassle. :thumb:

Pretty good result with the wheels. Least the dealership sorted it out. Hmm not the first thread i have read on C class 19" alloy cracks.

Pretty good result with the wheels. Least the dealership sorted it out. Hmm not the first thread i have read on C class 19" alloy cracks.

Heavy car, no suspension, rubber band tyres. Something has to give...

Yep, thats why i went for the option 18's on mine. Don't fill the arches as well but compared to 4 years of super hard ride in my C55 it was much better.

Wheel refurbishment

Well some good news from. Main dealer at Chichester, they have agreed my choice of wheel refurbishment co on the AMG wheels on my car,given the 100 mile distance, i am happy with the outcome as it made sense to get them done nearer to home, after looking into various wheel companies from Mobile on first call, to on site companies to understand the issues,process etc , iam happy to go ahead and have the diamond cut finish as originally supplied, yes there are issues on uk weather etc, however I try hard to look after my cars and in spring I will also be in the process of resolving the swirl problems, due mainly to poor car polish management.along with small dent on body which i want fixed as well.
However i digress I was happy with three year warranty offered my refurb company and their excellent reputation. Will post update end of March.

Glad to say Wheels done and I'm completely happy, Mercedes at Chichester (thank you) approved complete refurbish on 18" AMG wheels on my CLS Grand Edition, by Paint IT UK at Billericay, job took three days as i had them re done as standard in Diamond cut Finish, with three year warranty from this company who do a lot of work for various Main dealers and know of issues, to complet i had them painted in Black rather where the grey was coloured on original and they look great on my black car and not too much with the diamond finish to balance.as they removed and refitted the tyres ie removed re balance and as i checked the tyre pressures were spot on as part of deal i think £355 including vat was excellent. Highly recomended.

That sounds like a good deal to me, do you have any pictures of the refurb wheels.

Wheels re furbishment

Will do in next few days, had a couple of family bereathments,since friday.. Not sure how to load pictures but if imhave a problem,might be able to e mail. Iam going to get new wheel centres as some point too, fyi my wheels were not cracked so never needed welding, i hear some companies just fill wheels so another reason to be careful..cheers john

Hopefully you can see photo and result on Grand Edition AMG wheels

Attachments

• image-573338869.jpg
    image-573338869.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 33
That looks really nice, good choice well done.

Spw2383 said:
C63 Cracked Wheels (part two) On Monday 03-03-14 at 7.00pm MB Doncaster dropped off a white 63 plate E250 CDI Coupe (nice car) for me to use till my car was sorted with the two new wheels. On Saturday they said it would be ready on Tuesday, on Monday they said it will be ready on Wednesday,when I phoned them on Thursday to ask when the car will be delivered I was told the following. "Remember you told us on Saturday that a third wheel had some corrosion on it, in one of the wheel bolt holes, we asked MB if they would contribute towards it."We are waiting for the wheel and it should be with us tomorrow". Friday morning I got the phone call, MB will contribute 75%, will you pay the other 25% (£133 inc vat). I told them that I was not happy with that as it was not my fault that it was corroded and it should have been sorted before the car was put up for sale. The service team manager (Kevin) nice bloke, said he would talk to his boss. An hour or so later Kevin called me back and told me his boss had said " we are not going to fall out for the sake of £133, we will soak up the cost" I then asked, as a good gesture would they be willing to give me the next service for free, when he got his breath back Kevin told me he would have to ask someone higher up and will come back to me next week. Friday at 5.45 pm my car was delivered to me home, it had three brand new wheels and looks great, it had been washed and £30 of petrol put in it, I was also handed a complementary AMG key ring. What more can I say, Thanks MB of Doncaster (I hope I get a free service, That would be nice).

The 25% that MB wanted you to fork out was this for all 3 wheels they replaced or just for 1 wheel?

Only reason I ask is I've just found a crack in 1 of mine and wondered how much it would be to replace.

Iam glad to hear you had a result,although it would have been nice to have had a fourth,unless the other wheel was mint? Re your service imhave a service plan which saves me a fair bit on extras recommended extras quoted above normal servicing? If you have it ok otherwise might be worth getting,hope you get a deal on next service, if you do we should all head off to Doncaster ! Good luck..

Browseruk said:
Iam glad to hear you had a result,although it would have been nice to have had a fourth,unless the other wheel was mint? Re your service imhave a service plan which saves me a fair bit on extras recommended extras quoted above normal servicing? If you have it ok otherwise might be worth getting,hope you get a deal on next service, if you do we should all head off to Doncaster ! Good luck..

Hi sorry for the delay getting back to you, I don't have the service plan, re the forth wheel, it was / is in very good condition. I did ask if they would replace all of them but did not really expect them to agree.(and they didn't)
To be fair, I was offered wheel insurance but declined it at the time (how good is hindsight). I think they have been fair enough with me but you never know, it would be nice.

I have the matte black wheels on my C63, and have had to pump way too much air into a car I have had for a couple of weeks. NS Rear inner rim turns out to be cracked, go in to garage today.

Hi,
Where yours the sixteen spoke ones?
Think i`ll be taking mine off tomorrow..

Not counted them!
4ckJIx7iBhlzklj8hES31G0cOWTAvclQVZiBsthQzeBaZatLeLtQDpsBxEEQd7YLTxJEXT_YGcCadTHAVE48-Eip_3Njvw4z_h2ddMG2FFC8kz4JCrWYwAitTv4AZqLkTaL_zEMD0Q6dDFC2e1oxOaBpZq__eeOKmDxIYl62_IuYCA_Q2zJs0W7P28b6lp7awgxomhRtSZ7-b6FDJEZBcdOo0tPv5Ivj959eMK_uSuXDPYrxxwvZPOFp6wReDr_9DtlfIjlDW1bVPt7kh7MMQHCAF8qmE9MuJqXcjPzSDm7G9CHDDAvcjr_9YOCxp7cSZk6cUjxQEi6eNRfuxtVZaMuMsZeMFJbSo4Bi1XqIB_o6AtjryNH38Cv587ljkont1HcToLhsxU5mNTwd-1Mrx1OJHs4wtX3qsQpNJ2iyaFi43IZL6Qbnw7a1JVAqDfvq5rCHoB9k00xlQJ9K5lCwZuhGkmM7hKilNvq690-XmlO043yPS-iR0LS0XUGx1vVUA5cKnA4uDeD-hz2yCs1uG2wJnhGS8umt1kXCJAfHBPqnQMyknuBJYewJ3Zbk81M0iLcBnVY91KBn71w_s0W9PDwgiNPx-pW_ur3kms-auNM66lixMVMB=w1770-h1328-no

jzm7YXwDkGjkbAtaA

Had a cracked wheel on my non-MB which was 10 years old. Replaced by the dealer I'd bought it from over 3 years previously.
These things cost peanuts, ever wondered why so many advertisers took huge multiple page adverts in Max Power etc ? Its due to the huge margins they make on stuff they didnt actually stock, just had drop shipped. Alloys cost about £20 to make apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom