C63 dampers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
One of my C63 rear dampers has a slight oil leak. Decided to have both replaced. Car isn't under warrant. It's a 2011 December facelift saloon. Been quoted £382 for a set of rear dampers from MB. Is there any good aftermarket setups which offer a better ride and good damping such as KW, Bilstein etc that don't cost a bomb

One of my C63 rear dampers has a slight oil leak. Decided to have both replaced. Car isn't under warrant. It's a 2011 December facelift saloon. Been quoted £382 for a set of rear dampers from MB. Is there any good aftermarket setups which offer a better ride and good damping such as KW, Bilstein etc that don't cost a bomb

Kw or bilstein coilovers kits will set you back at least a couple of g's.

Steep but probably worth it. I'll stick to oe. Anything else I should considering changing whilst I'm at it

Steep but probably worth it. I'll stick to oe. Anything else I should considering changing whilst I'm at it

I find it strange you having to change the shocks at early stage ,my wagon is a 58 plate and covered 88k and they still OK.
Have they been diagnosed faulty by MB. ?

Just stick some Bilstein B8s in, they're magic.

I'm pretty shocked as well to be honest. Cars done less than 50,000 miles and as far as I know always been looked after very well by myself and the previous owner.

In my last service mb told be one of my rear shocks was leaking fluid.. Think they wanted around £390 to supply and fit a single unit but the parts dep can supply 2 for £382 and prob knock off 10% too.

I ran B8's on one of my previous cars with Eibach springs, was a good setup. Who sells b8's for the C63?

I live in central London where there are speed bumps everywhere.

On my C-Class, the rear dampers went at 40k, the car gets a decent mix for urban and motorway driving.

On my wife's Renault, that has only ever been driven locally (and therefore over speed bumps), the rear dampers went at 12k (!).

It's not how much mileage the car travelled... it's how hard the dampers work.

I'm pretty shocked as well to be honest. Cars done less than 50,000 miles and as far as I know always been looked after very well by myself and the previous owner.

In my last service mb told be one of my rear shocks was leaking fluid.. Think they wanted around £390 to supply and fit a single unit but the parts dep can supply 2 for £382 and prob knock off 10% too.

I ran B8's on one of my previous cars with Eibach springs, was a good setup. Who sells b8's for the C63?

My honest opinion unless you go for the coilovers route ,stick with oem they been tried and tested nothing will suit better the car.

My honest opinion unless you go for the coilovers route ,stick with oem they been tried and tested nothing will suit better the car.
Nonsense the B8s are better than oem.

Lol ,sorry gov I didn't mean to upset you !
Good lad

Lmao.

Oem dampers will be more than perfect for his car. Obviously

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom