C63 Daytime Running Light Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeybowe

Car
2013 C63 AMG
Hi Guys,

it looks like I have had a stone chip which has split my Left Daytime Running light and let water in and now only a couple of the LEDS are working.

Whats the best course about getting it fixed? Are they hard to fit a New Daytime running light yourself?
Looks like I can get a Genuine one off Ebay for £155.

Let me know what you would do :)

Have you checked the price at MB? I paid £144 for DLR for SLK which is probably very similar. You will find information how to change on internet, I saw articles about it, or in technical part of the forum.

I've got one in the boot of my car, brand new, genuine still boxed MB part which I bought for my 2013 C63 as mine had cracked but never replaced before I sold my car - could do you a deal if we confirm part numbers etc although I think mine was the right side.

When I bought it MB main dealer said bumper off job so that's why I didn't fit it.

Just checked and mine is the same as the one on eBay, except mine is drivers side, so no good for you it seems.

Hi my C63 was at Mercedes yesterday for its first MOT and they noticed a cracked day time running light and quoted me £208.00plus VAT.(£249.60) I think that was fitted.

They quoted me 350 just for fitting! Hence why I left it

Save £100 and for yourself, I'm sure it's two screws! Full turn both wheels and undo the bolts there of the bumper there, the ones near the headlight and pull towards you (away from the engine) it doesn't fully need to come off, that's if it's the same method as a regular w204 that is

There's an Asian lad on YouTube that has a video on it too I think

Even though I have had the DRL hanging around for about a year, this thread prompted me to return it the the MB dealer today - I just got a refund for 148 pounds - so thats how much it cost from a main dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom