C63 delay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clemo37

Car
C63
Hi all
I’ve a C63 2016 and when starting from cold it has a delay when I put into reverse. If I put in reverse and put foot on throttle it revs for a while before it pulls away. I just put it in reverse and leave throttle alone and after couple of seconds it engages. Is this normal?

Hi all
I’ve a C63 2016 and when starting from cold it has a delay when I put into reverse. If I put in reverse and put foot on throttle it revs for a while before it pulls away. I just put it in reverse and leave throttle alone and after couple of seconds it engages. Is this normal?

it's normal for me on my 2018 c63s. usually I always let it cold start until it idles below 1k. the delay is usually experienced only on the first engagement of the MCT and usually the vehicle won't go anywhere if there is too much steering turn applied either while the transmission is very cold. This happens more in cold temps.

until the transmission warms up a bit ,.gear shifts will tend to be a bit slow too.

If it’s any consolation I engaged reverse after starting up my 18MY E63S the other day and it basically didn’t engage at all lol. In fact I had to select forwards then reverse about 3 times to get it to work. Been fine since. Got to love the wonderful MB ‘features’!!

Oh and I’d want a bit more than 15k for it so don’t start!! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom