C63 difference in insurance from previous cars !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I'm in the motor trade and have been for the past 20+ years. I have had traders insurance since I was old enough to have traders insurance ( think it was 25 ) I've owned rs turbos to cosworth rs 500's ( wish I still owned it now ) always been insured through traders. I owned an m5 2 years ago then sold it and had a range rover sport. Insurance didn't go up or down from one to the other. I was insured up to 25 grand on cars I owned and up to 100 grand on customers cars. Picked up the amg last thurs. rang brokers to declare it on the policy and they rang this morning saying they've spoke to my insurer and they want an EXTRA £1600 on top of the £1500 a year I'm paying already !! I'm 41 years old for gods sake !! Was not happy and told the broker I wasn't paying it. She then said she would get me a seperate quote, out of the traders witch was £1800 !! I have full no claims !! I then went strait on line and was quoted £600 from admiral and that was with 0 ncb. I've been with my brokers 16 years and they can't get near a one off on line quote !!

This has seriously ****** me off !! One way of spoiling the excitement of owning my new beast :-(

yup had this before although a little different but my broker can't match some deals i'v had in the past for insurance either

Wtf that's baffling considering you've had an M5!

You know what to do if you haven't already.

It involves a Meerkat.

Exactly !! I'm gob smacked. Seems ironic that if a customer owned it i could drive it fully insured without paying an extra penny yet because I own it and I'm doing it properly they wanna sting me for double the price.

Man receives excessive insurance quote and is able to better it using an online comparison site.

In other news, cardinals elect a Roman Catholic to the papacy and bears are found to relieve themselves in the woods.

I am 43, live in a nice quiet rural area. My quote with LV was £423. Just for info, £1800 is simply ridiculous.

I am 43, live in a nice quiet rural area. My quote with LV was £423. Just for info, £1800 is simply ridiculous.

It would be ridiculous if he'd accepted it...he didn't. Move on...this is a non story as mentioned above.

Surprise surprise !! I had a call from my broker this morning after me basically telling them to stuff it yesterday. They said they're very sorry but they got it wrong and that it actually wasn't an extra £1600 on top of my traders it was £600. Still think that's a bit steep tho so I'm ringing round. I'll keep you all posted lol.

Im 29 and my renewal for my C63 just came through this week, £411 from Sainsburys!!

Im 29 and my renewal for my C63 just came through this week, £411 from Sainsburys!!
How much no claims you got ? That's problem I've got. I can't cancel traders so all my ncb is tied up in that.

I've had the following performance/high risk cars on my traders policy without having to pay extra;

Audi Q7 4.2 V8 TDI
Range Rover Sport
E90 M3
S211 E63 AMG
W202 C36 AMG
W202 C43 AMG x 2
W203 C32 AMG
1998 Vauxhall Corsa GSI

You know what to do if you haven't already.

It involves a Meerkat.

I'd stick with the ladies personally...

Felstmiester said:
I'm in the motor trade and have been for the past 20+ years. I have had traders insurance since I was old enough to have traders insurance ( think it was 25 ) I've owned rs turbos to cosworth rs 500's ( wish I still owned it now ) always been insured through traders. I owned an m5 2 years ago then sold it and had a range rover sport. Insurance didn't go up or down from one to the other. I was insured up to 25 grand on cars I owned and up to 100 grand on customers cars. Picked up the amg last thurs. rang brokers to declare it on the policy and they rang this morning saying they've spoke to my insurer and they want an EXTRA £1600 on top of the £1500 a year I'm paying already !! I'm 41 years old for gods sake !! Was not happy and told the broker I wasn't paying it. She then said she would get me a seperate quote, out of the traders witch was £1800 !! I have full no claims !! I then went strait on line and was quoted £600 from admiral and that was with 0 ncb. I've been with my brokers 16 years and they can't get near a one off on line quote !!

This has seriously ****** me off !! One way of spoiling the excitement of owning my new beast :-(

I have traders too and I'm allowed 10% performance cars based on what I have for the whole year.
I have c32 amg on there , had golfs ect all sorts and asked them about the c63amg and they said it was fine .
Mines £1500 a year for me and my misses and unlimited cars just no jap imports .
It's my second year in traders ins.
Onesure traders insurance who use tradwise as the broker or visa versa.

I've had the following performance/high risk cars on my traders policy without having to pay extra;

Audi Q7 4.2 V8 TDI
Range Rover Sport
E90 M3
S211 E63 AMG
W202 C36 AMG
W202 C43 AMG x 2
W203 C32 AMG
1998 Vauxhall Corsa GSI
In the past I've had similar cars. Rs 500
E36 m3
E46 m3
E39 m5
Range rover sport

But according to my broker th c63 is classed as "a high performance sports car" when I said about the cars I've had in the past I was told there not classed as high performance spots cars lol. What a load of crap.

But according to my broker th c63 is classed as "a high performance sports car" when I said about the cars I've had in the past I was told there not classed as high performance spots cars lol. What a load of crap.

Yeah, funnily enough the only car my broker got all hot and sweaty about was this Q7 for some reason, he didn't think it'd 'go through' but it did.

I have traders too and I'm allowed 10% performance cars based on what I have for the whole year.
I have c32 amg on there , had golfs ect all sorts and asked them about the c63amg and they said it was fine .
Mines £1500 a year for me and my misses and unlimited cars just no jap imports .
It's my second year in traders ins.
Onesure traders insurance who use tradwise as the broker or visa versa.
Rang one sure today. They've came up the cheapest so far so thanks for that.

Well the plot thickens. Found someone who can do my traders over £600 cheaper but my broker is saying because I'm only 5 months in from renewal they want around £900 cancelation fee !!!!! Surely they can't charge that sort of money ?? Or are they just trying to scare me into staying with them ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom