C63 DR520 first pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JB1984

Car
C63 DR520 wagon.... Matte white
Just took the opportunity of a bit of a break in the rain and a spare hour or so to give the car a quick clean.... The matte white seems to be a grime magnet!
Took a quick couple of iPhone pics and thought I'd share!
This is only the second time I've cleaned it (arrived just before Xmas) and I realise now that I need a pro detailer to come out to help with some of the stubborn dirt... My ****nal of cleaning products/knowledge no longer seem relevant on a matte finish!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Am sure there must be a way of posting all together...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Stunning looking car !
Be prepared for many smiles per gallon!:D

The kind of muck and grime we get on our cars in Jan and Feb plays havoc with our normal cleaning regime, for some reason it seems to stick more to the paint work, especially in around the badges.
You have to rinse and snowfoam in this weather ( well allways!!!), then rinse again, before hand washing, its a must to achieve a clean car.
Buy a good soft detailing brush and mix up some of your shampoo in a spray bottle, now while the snowfoam is doing its work, spray the badge with your shampoo, then carefully clean the badge with your brush, keep rinsing the brush while you do this as you dont want to scratch the paint.
Sometimes for the lower sills, you may have to use a good APC, ok it may strip the wax, but it will remove the dirt extremely well and stop you scratching the paint by over zealous cleaning by hand?

The kind of muck and grime we get on our cars in Jan and Feb plays havoc with our normal cleaning regime, for some reason it seems to stick more to the paint work, especially in around the badges.
You have to rinse and snowfoam in this weather ( well allways!!!), then rinse again, before hand washing, its a must to achieve a clean car.
Buy a good soft detailing brush and mix up some of your shampoo in a spray bottle, now while the snowfoam is doing its work, spray the badge with your shampoo, then carefully clean the badge with your brush, keep rinsing the brush while you do this as you dont want to scratch the paint.
Sometimes for the lower sills, you may have to use a good APC, ok it may strip the wax, but it will remove the dirt extremely well and stop you scratching the paint by over zealous cleaning by hand?

Cheers for the tips mate, have been snow foaming/rinse then 2 bucket method cleaning for a couple of years, but never bought a detailing brush, will give that a go, along with some all purpose cleaner

Looks lovely. Don't see many of them come up.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I thought when I found it for sale on MB's approved used website.... I know a guy who has a white DR520 saloon so was aware of what a rare beast they are, ended up impulse buying it!

JB1984 said:
Thanks mate, that's exactly what I thought when I found it for sale on MB's approved used website.... I know a guy who has a white DR520 saloon so was aware of what a rare beast they are, ended up impulse buying it!

I looked at a grey wagon a couple of years ago. Ended up losing it (it went as I was procrastinating) and bought a new one.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom