C63 DVD motion safety bypass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu-c

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hello
I have a 2012 C63 AMG Coupe While DVDs are playing it cuts out when you drive off I know its a safety feature, but can u bypass it so DVDs still play when in motion?

Many thanks :)

Yes you can, but not many members on here will tell you how to do it.

If someone can email me on how to do it would be appreciated, I don't know if it's the same as the older model mercs where u put in a engineer code To show the menu

Certainly not Risk Averse, are you...

Insurance claim...

Well I was watching "Drive" on the TV and ....

I wonder under what circumstances you would want to do this?

How about in a bid to stop your toddler from distracting you on a long journey if you are on your own? Peppa Pig works a treat you know!

Q = What ever happened to people being able to apply common sense in these situations?
A = Litigation and the world being full of muppets that don't have any (common that is)...

Trouble is , insurance companies can use it to wriggle out of claims .

If they choose to , they can check if DVD in motion was enabled ( unlikely they will , granted ) , do you think it would be very likely you would get paid out if it was found to be ?

How about in a bid to stop your toddler from distracting you on a long journey if you are on your own? Peppa Pig works a treat you know!

Q = What ever happened to people being able to apply common sense in these situations?
A = Litigation and the world being full of muppets that don't have any (common that is)...

No problem. Just keep it out of the drivers sight line.

Why choose an illegal and dangerous solution when a proper one is cheap & available?

Play.com - Buy Nextbase SDV47 7 inch Multi-Region In Car / Portable DVD Player (Black) (Free 2 Year Warranty) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Oh I agree, tis just a damn shame that thats what its like these days...

Buy a portable DVD player? Just a friendly idea :)

Because one of the muppets might be watching TOWIE as they round the bend on your side of the road, while you and the loved one are undertaking your long journey.

Is that a good enough reason?

Are you serious? Those same idiots who don't apply common sense while texting at 80mph, would be watching the tv...and they might kill both you and your toddler.

Stu...don't even go there.

When I first bought my car I discovered it had video in motion enabled for the front screen, after just two weeks of trying to apply common sense and a couple of very near misses when I stupidly didn't I asked the guys at Comand Online to disable it.
Don't put your yourself, your loved ones or other road users at risk for 30 mins of Peppa Pig for little Johnny.

Why do kids have to be constantly entertained / mesmerised by the moving image?

Can't they just watch the world passing by for a half an hour?

I can remember 10 hour journeys as a kid and we didn't even have a radio in those days. Can't say that I was ever bored, the excitement of going on holiday was enough plus plenty of new vistas to see whilst driving along, though modern mororway scenery probably isn't as interesting as the old A & B roads used to be.

Here we go I wondered how long before this thread would end up a rose tinted look in the rear view mirror!

Kids just don't know there born these days they should be grateful there carriages have motors in not like when I was.........etc etc :D

my dad had a morris 1100
there was no entertainment in it
there was no fun
the engine was loud and noisy
it was a dodgy green colour

but we were happy !:bannana:

You were lucky! My dad had a rusty Cortina in which he would slam us into a concrete wall just for laughs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom