C63 - E63 advise please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
Guys I am again looking at moving from the C63 to the E63.
The main reasons are, but not in order, larger fuel tank, more room and comfort (hopefully)
So has anyone had a C and an E (facelift) and is there a world of difference comfort (suspension and size) wise?
There are none near enough to me for sale that i can test drive.
Thanks

I've had a W204 and three W212's and the latter has much more interior room than the former. The boot on the E-Class is enormous too.

I've only been for a brief drive in a W204 C63, but based upon that I'd say that the E63 ride quality is a major step up. It also feels much better balanced than the C63.

Hi, I had 2 c63's a couple and saloon. I now have an e63 and the difference is significant.

The ride quality and the comfort is superior and as you mention the benefit of the larger fuel tank and to a degree the better fuel economy is a nice benefit.

The sound is not as great tho but I'll be rectifying this tomorrow :)

C63 to E63 is obviously the next logical step and it's really nice that I don't see any on the road really. Seen one before I had one but none since.

The boot is much bigger and already mentioned seems endless actually.

W212 E63 White 2014. M19YLR

I've got a prefacelift C63 and facelift E63.

The C63 feels alot more harsh on daily driving the E63 is a much better daily driver. The E63 feels more planted compared to the C63 too. More room and comfort in the E63.

Conclusion - the e63 is far better suited to the more shall we say mature driver...

;0)

Conclusion - the e63 is far better suited to the more shall we say mature driver...

;0)

It's certainly a more grown up car :cool:.

A natural progression after one's balls have dropped and Dappy has lost his appeal :D.

O hell here we go, I'm not saying anything or Uncle Druk will skin me.....

Having owned both and consider myself still young (35) I can conclude the e63 is just a better car. Better performance, better handling and with a few MODs puts the c63 in the shade.
I loved the c63 when I had it but when I drove the e63 around the track on an experience day at mb world I just had to have one.

W212 E63 White 2014. M19YLR

Isn't the E63 a little remap away from 700bhp? 700bhp! Madness, go for the E63 :)

That's my plan in so many years anyway, C63 then a facelift E63 :eek:

Isn't the E63 a little remap away from 700bhp? 700bhp! Madness, go for the E63 :)

Up to 700bhp is easy, after that it starts getting complicated. :)

That's my plan in so many years anyway, C63 then a facelift E63 :eek:

Good luck Ash, the E63 is a very nice place to be IMO.

I've never owned a C63 though have driven a few, including the old MSL 800+ horse courtesy car, and much prefer the E Class, mainly for the extra space and comfort which it seems to create. I always feel restricted in a C Class but, in fairness, I've not missed many dinners. :D

Just bought a 2014 E63s after having a 2014 C63 for eighteen months.

Both great cars but I much prefer the E63. I'd find the C63 could seem a little harsh and noisy if I wasn't in the mood. The E63 is a lot more relaxed; a more grown up car. It's also nicer inside which makes the drive home from work a bit more pleasant. Perhaps I'm just turning into an old man and don't realise it!

The other thing is I've just spent eight hundred quid on it and got 704 bhp and 850 lbft torque for my money!

Just bought a 2014 E63s after having a 2014 C63 for eighteen months.

Both great cars but I much prefer the E63. I'd find the C63 could seem a little harsh and noisy if I wasn't in the mood. The E63 is a lot more relaxed; a more grown up car. It's also nicer inside which makes the drive home from work a bit more pleasant. Perhaps I'm just turning into an old man and don't realise it!

The other thing is I've just spent eight hundred quid on it and got 704 bhp and 850 lbft torque for my money!

Exactly my thoughts on the C63 and what I hope the E63 will be, thanks.

Is 53 considered to be an old man :)

Clarkson wears brown cord trousers and Jeans and he's older than me! I am confused now what i should do :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom