C63 Economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MACC

Car
2014 E63 Saloon
Hi All,

We're all set for a bit of a road trip to France to do the Alps and then down to the south and Monaco, until the fuel troubles. Does anyone know what a real world tank range is, i.e. does Zero really mean zero? I know it will run at 30MPG showing on the trip if I'm really sensible! Just weighing up options.

Thanks.

30mpg if sensible, i have not got mine better than 18mpg yet.

best i managed was 25mpg on a cruise back from scotland no booting it

The problem you have is that the way you'll want to drive it and the economy you'll need aren't good bed fellows.

I've ran mine to zero before but didn't do much more than a few miles before I found a garage.

The problem is the car needs about half a tank as a reserve as it is so bad on the juice.

I've not attempted to find out how long one can go in my car on the reserve (1/4 tank) let along when it says no miles left as I would think by then - you are up a certain creek without a certain tool.

I averaged 34mpg on a long run from Poole to just west of Glasgow 2 years ago. Sat at 70 with cruise on for 90% of it and did the 480 mile run on a single tank (fumes by the end). The display mpg will be a fraction different to the actual consumption but it's not a bad guide.

30mpg if sensible, i have not got mine better than 18mpg yet.

I'll take your 18mpg and raise it to 18.7mpg which is the best I've seen over the last two weeks since picking the car up and 17mpg at the worst. That's been in C mode on the gearbox and commuting from home to work approx 15 miles each way non motorway driving. Think I'll be lucky to see one 20 as it's not really spent any time in sport or sport + yet

How many miles are people getting from qtr to full as I've yet to let it drop to the point the fuel light comes on and it hits the reserve

I always run mine to empty. Love playing fuel gauge roulette. lol

I average 22mpg on the work commute and get about 300 miles to a tank. When the current roadworks clear I'll be back to 18mpg like i did in my last C63 :)

I'll take your 18mpg and raise it to 18.7mpg which is the best I've seen over the last two weeks since picking the car up and 17mpg at the worst. That's been in C mode on the gearbox and commuting from home to work approx 15 miles each way non motorway driving. Think I'll be lucky to see one 20 as it's not really spent any time in sport or sport + yet

How many miles are people getting from qtr to full as I've yet to let it drop to the point the fuel light comes on and it hits the reserve

The worst I have had is 9mpg..... was fun though

I get about 210-230 from full to red light.

300 on a non economical motorway journey

I have had 402 before but it was boring.

This is a needs must scenario. Any fool can get 15 mpg out of a C63.

You need to do much better than that. They respond extraordinarily well to running at constant speed. Click it in cruise on the Autoroute at 65-75mph and it will do best part of real 30mpg.

Have a nice time in the south of France :thumb:

Last edited:
Is this why there is a fuel shortage in France, all the Brits going over in their C63s :D

This French website gives details in 'real-time' of filling stations with/without fuel.

https://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/

I see it also offers Apple and Android mobile apps.

Last edited:
I averaged 34mpg on a long run from Poole to just west of Glasgow 2 years ago. Sat at 70 with cruise on for 90% of it and did the 480 mile run on a single tank (fumes by the end). The display mpg will be a fraction different to the actual consumption but it's not a bad guide.

Exactly what I was after, the first leg is 460 miles from Calais so, with carrying an extra 30 litres as allowed on the tunnel, it might be possible. Once in the Alps I can sort something or go over to Switzerland if really needed.

On a good run (Elgin to Edinburgh airport - 170 miles) I managed 350 miles on a tank and an average of 28.8 mpg, that was before my remap though.

I'm lucky to get above 25 mpg now on the same run, so just over 300 miles I'd say would be my maximum range.

Best I got on my car was around 23 mpg doing mostly highway driving at 70 mph.
During normal usage, I get anywhere between 13-17 mpg with 100% town driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom