C63 Economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Grovsie31 said:
Cant you go down with a load of jerry cans filled up with fuel? Not great in a crash mind....

That's illegal, I think there's a cap at 25L in a proper container in a vehicle or something like that?

So, further on from this we are now home and the fuel shortage was more media scaremongering then any actual problem. The only place we queued was at Dover!
We ran the first couple of hours into France at 70 MPH and I was literally dropping off and as every fuel station we passed had fuel and no queues we lifted the speed a little. We were showing 25MPG at 70 MPH dropping to 24MPG at 85 MPH, showing a tank range of 466 miles when full, so it seemed a no brainer. In total covering 2010 miles in the week with an average of 23MPG.

I have to say, what a car for a trip like this, effortless on the motorway and awesome once off the main roads in the Alps and when in the south, although showing 17 MPG in the Alps, all with 4 people, clothes and food for a week, 30 litres of emergency fuel and an inflatable dinghy in the boot!

That's illegal, I think there's a cap at 25L in a proper container in a vehicle or something like that?

5 litres on the ferries and 20 litres in a metal container or 30 litres in plastic containers on the tunnel.

My economy from my run to Bristol two weeks ago :) Didn't have a time restraint to stick to so drive like a granny!
9cc9c7ae976a5a419be3239b1587a6b1.jpg

Hope you stopped for a coffee as the car's suggesting.

It shows all the time whilst the assist is activated, although it did come up with the warning for the first time since I've had the car, ironically about 10 minutes after a stop.

Out of curiosity, as when economy gets asked about, it's usually people boasting about their high economy achievements. 56mph, left lane, feather light right foot, etc.

What would a similar 60 mile motorway blast average if you were bombing it with no regard for saving fuel?

Out of curiosity, as when economy gets asked about, it's usually people boasting about their high economy achievements. 56mph, left lane, feather light right foot, etc.

What would a similar 60 mile motorway blast average if you were bombing it with no regard for saving fuel?

On the motorway its is pretty sensible as you can't really bomb along, an indicated 90 MPH is just under 2500 RPM, anything more then your looking a proper punishment when caught. We done 470 miles back from the Alps to Calais, with time to make up as we left the Alps an hour late and had to make Calais by 6pm, averaged 23MPG.

German Autobahn: 1h33min from full to reserve, average speed 174km/h (108mph), 16mpg. Distance covered 270km (167miles).

Capture_zpsqc43zpbl.png
[/URL][/IMG]

24 MPG is the best I've ever seen on my 2012 C63 Coupe, this was heavy traffic/roadworks motorway driving in mostly Comfort mode driving to MSL for the Quaife LSD. Not sure I can get any better then this.

I've got a 2,000 mile road trip in September to Monaco and into Italy, Switzerland and back into France so I'll see how the MPG goes, not that I'll be to concerned about it. If I wanted high MPG I'd have bought a Diesel lol.

I reset the main MPG/Mileage counter the day I bought the car in Sep 2015, Just hit 4k miles since and it's showing an average of 16.7 MPG.

Last edited:
Switzerland means good fuel economy due to low speed limits and cameras everywhere. However it can be balanced by drives on mountain passes :)

I think best I ever got was around 24-25mpg in Belgium, again low speed limits and steady drive.

It's best just to enjoy the ride :)

on a long run I can get mine to around 20mpg

Are these MPG figs based on the last model(s) or the latest 2015 model which is supposed to be more fuel efficient?

Are these MPG figs based on the last model(s) or the latest 2015 model which is supposed to be more fuel efficient?

The 6.3V8 badge on the speedo gives this away somewhat :)

OK so the new model will be more fuel efficient so curious to hear from these owners about their MPG figs.

Hmmm I don't know how c63 can be fuel efficient. Just installed c63 mufflers on my cls500 and only with those mpg dramatically decreased...ha ha sound is too addictive

Borys said:
Hmmm I don't know how c63 can be fuel efficient. Just installed c63 mufflers on my cls500 and only with those mpg dramatically decreased...ha ha sound is too addictive

Previous poster meant the W205, not W204 you have W204 mufflers on yours?

ash59fifty-uk said:
Previous poster meant the W205, not W204 you have W204 mufflers on yours?
Really? I thought he meant w206. What are trying to achieve with this????

Last edited:
Does any forum user own a new C63 AMG Estate with the 4.0 engine if so would appreciate their thoughts on what MPG is achievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom