C63 Edition 125 Wheel Spacer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fatneck73

Car
C63
Hi all

Anyone running any spacers and if so, may I ask what size? I wanna put some on mine but aren't sure what works and what doesn't?

Cheers,

Can't say I know a lot about using spacers. But I've got 19" reps on my c63 and have had for a while due to the originals cracking. I got a blow out on the rear on my way to msl one day and due to the fact I was due to go on the dyno I managed to borrow a oem 19" rear wheel and tyre. The offset between the oem one and my rep was a massive difference my reps being the one that stuck out more and it looked a lot better than the standard offset. So I'd say go for it. A lot of people on here will try n put you off tho. Just make sure you get good quality hubcentric ones with longer bolts

I'm currently experimenting with spacers. I have 19" AMG multi spokes with 12mm spacers. I find that they occasionally rub if I hit a hard bump in the road, nothing major, but seeing that I've just replaced all 4 tires I don't want any damage to them. I've ordered 10mm spacers to try out, hopefully they'll be here in a day or so, so I'll let you know how they are.

MadGrip - this is exactly the advice I'm looking for, many thanks. Please let me know how you get on. Ta.

Post up some pics of with and without spacers .
Lets see what it looks like please.

eeek on putting spacers on a car that can easily go way beyond legal speed limit. hubcentric I hope and from a reputable company

Don't be confused between hubcentric and hub-extension. Hubcentric purely means centred around the hub, i.e. perfect fit for your hub, and does not necessarily mean that the spacer is equipped with hub extension.

At anything 7mm+ you want both a hubcentric spacer and one the extends the hub, so that the centre bore of the wheel has something to sit on. Failure to do so may lead to nasty vibration or at worst, the wheel being supported solely by the bolts and those eventually snapping.

I'd recommend H&R Trak+ and those only with extended bolts. Find out what your bolt length is and replace with a bolt that is longer by the same amount as your spacer. H&R are pricey, but lightweight, strong and will not corrode.

Last edited:
So today I fitted the 10mm spacers, they do indeed have a slight hub extension for the wheel to sit in and are hub centric. I've been for a drive if about 25 miles over various road surfaces including speed humps and bumps. There was no rubbing whatsoever.
Ive since been told that the 12mm spacers I originally fitted are for 18" wheels, although I always thought the rolling radius would be the same.

Brill. Any pic Us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom