C63 Edition 507 with FI Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkRS

Car
C63 Edition 507
So after 1 month owning this awesome machine..I decided it needed a clearer voice and booked the car in with Eurocharged in Watford to fit a valved exhaust. I wanted something that could get me on track without a problem and be 'grown up' with the wife, but then also I wanted to unleash the hounds of hell when I'm on my own.

I went with the FI (Frequency Intelligent) system with black chrome tips and 100Cel race cats and to cut a long story short 'wow'!

Boxes, boxes
99021l.jpg

First 'stock' run on the dyno...bit down on the MB quoted 507!
29osoli.jpg

Last look at the standard system :)
r1n589.jpg

Nice shiny new tips!
2u9h5w0.jpg

Old exhaust coming off (not really old...only 6 months)
kapc8m.jpg

Stock system laid bare
bfhv76.jpg

Old and new
2059q8o.jpg

Fob and authenticity card...fantastic presentation (at a price)
wb435w.jpg

Nearly there...
2q014e9.jpg

All done!
k9thn7.jpg

28iuo8m.jpg

2hcqgk4.jpg

1621e08.jpg

And now for the final dyno run (actually made 521.9hp) and a sound test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1v__6Drtd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xani5DtXZPI

Forgot to say, with valves closed it made 481hp...valves open added just over 40hp.

Sounds brilliant, just don't lose the remote whilst valves are open before SWMBO gets back in :)

Does it link up via a phone app as well or is it just remote?

Your car looks great.

So the exhaust is from the primary cats back (primary are now 100 cell cats)?

The only questions I would have are around the power outputs - my 507 literally put out 507 bhp and then 520 on the same RR after I removed the secondary cats (taking into account the old dyno mysteries blah blah) but still 481 with closed valves is quite a drop.

ash59fifty-uk said:
Sounds brilliant, just don't lose the remote whilst valves are open before SWMBO gets back in :) Does it link up via a phone app as well or is it just remote?

My wife knows nothing about my remote, it just sits in the little compartment in front of the gearstick.

Mine has 200 cell (sports) cats so should still pass an MOT with no problem.

I'm surprised the valves open adds 40 BHP, I thought the exhaust was just for noise, not power.

Sounds brilliant, just don't lose the remote whilst valves are open before SWMBO gets back in :)

Does it link up via a phone app as well or is it just remote?

Just remote I think...comes with a spare :)

Your car looks great.

So the exhaust is from the primary cats back (primary are now 100 cell cats)?

The only questions I would have are around the power outputs - my 507 literally put out 507 bhp and then 520 on the same RR after I removed the secondary cats (taking into account the old dyno mysteries blah blah) but still 481 with closed valves is quite a drop.

Yeah they weren't happy. It put out 460 stock! Also it's had the latest Eurocharged remap.

My wife knows nothing about my remote, it just sits in the little compartment in front of the gearstick.

Mine has 200 cell (sports) cats so should still pass an MOT with no problem.

I'm surprised the valves open adds 40 BHP, I thought the exhaust was just for noise, not power.

Same place I have mine :) the exhaust does give a power hike yes as it's less restrictive. I love it.

Yeah they weren't happy. It put out 460 stock! Also it's had the latest Eurocharged remap.

Are you quoting at the wheels or flywheel power? 460 for a 507 is stock power - quite odd.

Wheels I believe. Was 460hp and 433 lb/ft before they started playing.

I'm very impressed by this!

Having just shelled out for a Coupe and wondering where all my money has gone, I'm unlikely to be able to do anything like this for a while.

Epic stuff, well done OP! Great post too.

Thanks Gazzy, believe me after buying the car end of August finances aren't exactly 'healthy' especially as I've also bought a set of BC RS40 wheels.

Will post up more video tomorrow when it's on track.

Thanks Gazzy, believe me after buying the car end of August finances aren't exactly 'healthy' especially as I've also bought a set of BC RS40 wheels.

Will post up more video tomorrow when it's on track.

Pics of the wheels?! :eek:

BC are still forging 'em :)

Should be a week or two now before I get them. 9.1kg a wheel saving me 0.7kg over stock. Then it's just a de-chrome end of the month and a decision on either KW V3s or BC ER coilovers and I'm (hopefully) done.

Will post pics when I get the wheels on etc. You enjoying your car?

Wheels I believe. Was 460hp and 433 lb/ft before they started playing.

There seems to be some confusion going on here between wheel horse power and brake horse power.

460 wheel horse power relates to 542.8 BHP (using the accepted 18% transmission loss correction).

Your final figure of 521.9 HP would be 615 BHP, you didn't mention a supercharger so this can't be right.

I'm thinking that you're confusing wheel horse power and brake horse power and your figures are brake horse power, converted by the dyno maybe?

I'm still far from convinced that you got a 40 BHP increase from opening the valves too, mine changed by 0.8 wheel horse power from valves open to valves closed whilst the noise changed considerably.

Agree it does seem a little unclear...so it's got to be flywheel then. They did a run with the map and exhaust on at it made 480hp, there was much head scratching and disappointment (not from me as the car isn't exactly slow) from Eurocharged and then another run happened with me there and valves open...no other changes and it read 521hp, then we did a final run just for the video that showed 519.

Agree it does seem a little unclear...so it's got to be flywheel then. They did a run with the map and exhaust on at it made 480hp, there was much head scratching and disappointment (not from me as the car isn't exactly slow) from Eurocharged and then another run happened with me there and valves open...no other changes and it read 521hp, then we did a final run just for the video that showed 519.

The 521 & 519 figures must be BHP, most cars post remap are around the 525 BHP figure - so like you said at the begining - it was a little down on power as standard so it figures that it will be a little down on power post remap.

As I've said in previous posts, the valves will make very little difference to power - 0.8 wheel horse power on mine - the scratching of the heads make me believe that they must have used a lower correction factor for that run then changed it for you arriving maybe?

I've asked Paul @ EC...will let you know what the answer is. There had been a number of Jap cars on the dyno between my stock run and last run and it was some guy who rents it from them so maybe settings were changed? Would be good to know the answer but I don't go to the pub often so figures don't really upset me that much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom